Group: I am overweight or obese

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 381, Messages: 6449

Being overweight is a common trait these days and there is not enough help out there. Find out how you can shed those pounds and improve yourself from within.

Join group

In a bind

KrissiR
KrissiR
United States
2007/05/02, 06:10 PM
I am currently 240 lbs and only 5'3''. My doctor tells me that I have to eat more and exercise more to lose weight. My daily caloric intake doesnt exceed 670. I cant eat anymore than that food tends to make me feel like Im going to fall asleep right after eating and I cant be like that during work. I walk on a Crosswalk Treadmill for a half hour every day and burn a max of 250 calories. I cant lose any weight like that. Any suggestions on what I should be doing?
yadmit
yadmit
Canada
2007/05/02, 06:21 PM
I think your doctor is spot on. You'll need to figure out a way to get more healthy calories in. Only getting 670 cals a day and burning up near half of them is leaving you exhausted. Trust me, and your doc, eat more.

--------------
I see the words you are typing, but all I read is *click*click*click*

- One should not lift like a man or a woman, lift like a human.
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2007/05/04, 10:45 AM
Have you been checked for blood sugar issues? Food should energize you, not make you sleepy.
Why don't you give us an example of what you typically eat here...

i would suggest trying the WSSC food plan - it is in the general forum - you shouldn't hvae a problem eating the foods in it and you should be able to gradually increase your intake so your metabolism starts to pick up. It may take a few months for your body to clue in and start shedding fat because you have probably done some serious damage to your metabolism by eating so little.

Do you have access to weight training equipment?

--------------

Permanence, perseverance and persistence in spite of all obstacles, discouragements, and impossibilities: It is this, that in all things distinguishes the strong soul from the weak.
Thomas Carlyle

asimmer
asimmer
United States
2007/05/06, 11:35 AM
Don't join curves, it sucks, it will work for about 3 months and then you will have 'outgrown' the equipment capacities.

Join a real gym - get your initial orientation and maybe even 3 free sessions from a certified trainer to familiarize yourself with the equipment and try one of the routines from freetrainers (exercise program at the top of the screen will generate a plan based on your goals and equipment).

If you are will ing to eat fish - eat more fish - protein will help keep you from crashing when you eat carbs. switch your focus top complex carbs like fibrous vegetables and whole grains, a little fruit earlier in the day and your blood sugar should be more stable. The challenge diet will facilitate that.

--------------

Permanence, perseverance and persistence in spite of all obstacles, discouragements, and impossibilities: It is this, that in all things distinguishes the strong soul from the weak.
Thomas Carlyle

KrissiR
KrissiR
United States
2007/05/13, 12:47 PM
Just as an update . Ive been doing the "home" training program from here for a week now and using my treadmill and have dropped 5 lbs . Ive looked into joining a gym but still havent found one where I feel comfortable.
msmogreen
msmogreen
United States
2007/05/13, 02:30 PM
Wow, Krissi, that's great! Keep it up :-).