Group: I am overweight or obese

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 381, Messages: 6449

Being overweight is a common trait these days and there is not enough help out there. Find out how you can shed those pounds and improve yourself from within.

Join group

i really need help, im overweight at 17

clm09
clm09
United States
2008/09/11, 05:42 PM
I really hope someone can help me out. I'm 17 years old and i have struggled with my weight ever since my mom died and that was when I was 9 years old. I need some advice to help me lose like 50+ pounds. Estimation of my weight is 205-210 lbs. I absolutely hate being "FAT." It kills me! I play softball every spring and try to lose some pounds that way but it just isnt enough. Im not really up to date with the whole dieting thing and im scared to go to my dad. I would like for somebody to gather my information and kinda set a meal plan for me and also an exercising plan. My dads girlfriend has a treadmill, if that helps any?!! I want to be able to wear those "MEDIUM" shirt sizes and size "5 or 7" jeans. I want to be able to know how that feels. I am truly dedicated to losing this weight. It has been an awful situation and its time to change what I look like forever. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, someone help me.
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2008/09/12, 07:13 AM
Sensible, healthy eating and an increase in activity will do a lot towards your goals...

Breakfast - 1-2 eggs, 2 egg whites, a lsice of whole wheat toast with smart balance light or smear of peanut butter, an apple or a peach or a grapefruit

snack red fat string cheese 2 pieces and an apple or orange

lunch large green salad, olive oil dressing, grilled chicken breast strips, 1/2c pasta with lowfat red sauce

snack lowfat cottage cheese or yogurt, cut up veggies, small ahndful almonds

dinner chicken breast or lean beef or lean pork or fish, small baked potato with smart balance light or lowfat sour cream, side of green veggies

snack if hungry - lowfat cottage cheese

Start walking more every day, and if you can start resistance training - sign up for an exercise program here - there is one that requires no equipment that would be a good start. look at the links at the top of the screen.

Before you start take your measurements, they will be a better indicator of progress than the scale for a while.

--------------

A man of sense is never discouraged by difficulties; he redoubles his industry and his diligence, he perseveres and infallibly prevails at last.

Lord Chesterfield