Group: I am overweight or obese

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 381, Messages: 6449

Being overweight is a common trait these days and there is not enough help out there. Find out how you can shed those pounds and improve yourself from within.

Join group

i need to lose weight before highschool

chelzee92
chelzee92
United States
2006/05/30, 12:48 PM
hi i am 13 and weigh about 218-200 lbs. i know thats a lot of weight for a 13 yr old girl...neway i am trying to lose weight over the summer with my mom and friend. my goal weight is 140lbs. and i have 2 months before high school. High school is a big time in your life and i want to lose weight fast in 2 months. i know that i probably wont get to my weight goal but i at least want to get out of the 200 area and into the 150's or 160's. how can i lose the weight i want to lose fast... -chelsea aka need help!!:(
KC_72
KC_72
United States
2006/05/30, 02:02 PM
Hi Chelsea!
I'm glad to see you will be working with your Mom and your friend over the summer to lose weight.I think 40 to 60 pounds in 2 months isn't realistic though.I wouldn't want you to get disappointed and quit trying to lose weight if you don't see the kinds of results you are looking for.I want you to be happy for high school too!!Have you looked into the workout routines on this site??There is also alot of nutrition discussions you could go through.Just remember these changes you are making are for the rest of your life...not just the summer.The most important thing to remember is to have fun along the way.Good luck to you Chelsea...keep us posted as to how this is going for you:)

--------------
There are no rewards in life for having brains,only for using them!
p_au27
p_au27
Canada
2006/08/31, 01:47 AM
Chelsea i must say taht losing 40-60 pounds may not be healthy. But to maximize your weight loss you need as suggested above a complete lifestyle change. Your primary concern in my opinion is nutrition, you need to eat a healthy balanced diet, eat whole wheat carbs, lean meats and lots of veggies. i would also suggests maybe eating 5-6 small meals a day to speed up your metabolism. from what ive been told women dont really like doing weight lifting so may i suggest doing some light jogging, swimming, rollerskating and Brisk walks. Ive never tried yoga but ive heard good things about it

good luck and keep track of your progress!