Group: I am overweight or obese

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 381, Messages: 6449

Being overweight is a common trait these days and there is not enough help out there. Find out how you can shed those pounds and improve yourself from within.

Join group

i need help

myoldself
myoldself
United States
2006/01/24, 01:39 PM
im 33 weigh 267 i have 3 kids and havent been able to lose the weight. I was 130 8 years ago before my kids and what to get my old self back or close to it and this point. Any help would be great please i just started using the core system - ball program and started eating less but i need something that will help boost my weight lost and help want to stay on track.....Anyone please help thanks
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2006/01/25, 08:14 AM
Hey, fill out your profile, more people will answer your posts.

How long have you stuck with a plan, really? You can't say that you haven't been successful if you haven't stuck with a plan for at least 3 months solid.

When your metabolism is out-of-whack it can take a while to get it revved up again.

post your daily eating plan here and people will help guide you to a healthier, more productive style of eating.

There is an at-home workout plan here under exercise programs, if you don't have any equipment.

Walking is an excellent weight loss tool - get those babies out for some exercise with you!

During the first phase of a new plan you need to focus more on other results than weight loss - look for new found energy, confidence, muscles that are sore that you didn't even know you had.

And think positive - you have to see it to be it!

--------------
I know of no more encouraging fact than the unquestionable ability of man to elevate his life by a conscious endeavor.
- Henry David Thoreau

Lonegirl
Lonegirl
Canada
2006/01/25, 09:30 AM
Set small achievable goals...each victory boosts motivation and confidence....Do not focus on what you used to weigh...that will weigh you down and demotivate....focus on the future...the first 5 pounds then the next...the first week of healthy eating....Don't jump on the scale every day...take lots of measurements...waist, hips, chest, ribcage, arms, thighs, calves, neck....these give a more accurate reflection of what your body is doing if you lose fat and add muscle...your weight will slowly drop but what you really want is fat loss...the weight gain took you 8 years...if wont come off overnight...dedication and patience is key....even if it takes a year it is major victory!!!
Good Luck!
Mojo_67
Mojo_67
United States
2006/01/25, 08:16 PM
Just want to say your goal is very obtainable. But as lonegirl stated patience and dedication are key, don't try to do it overnight and stay focused. If you stay focused you will reach your goal and as far as time goes asimmer can probably help you more than i can with that. I go by what I've been told that works for me. Where are you going? Take time and do it right. You can do it. Whats the difference if it takes 6 months or 12 months? You are still getting to the destination, might as well get there safe.
Good luck!

--------------
Seize the day!
Vedakathryn
Vedakathryn
United States
2006/01/30, 11:16 AM
Hi and welcome to Freetrainers! Everyone has replied with some wonderful words of wisdom, the trick is to implement them into your life! Patience, understanding of one's self, creativity and set goals will help you attain what you want for yourself! You can do it, there is NOTHING STOPPING YOU but yourself!

--------------
Veda
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)
Just live life and enjoy it!