Group: I am overweight or obese

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 381, Messages: 6449

Being overweight is a common trait these days and there is not enough help out there. Find out how you can shed those pounds and improve yourself from within.

Join group

I just bought a real scale

Denovas
Denovas
United States
2006/08/10, 08:29 PM
I decided that I wanted to buy a nice scale with memory features and the ability to measure body fat. (I know it is inaccurate, but it is at least an indication). I suspected that my old scale was not doing the trick: it has been in storage for a while, dropped and turned around. Besides, it was never a high-quality deal. Sometimes it said that I was 70lbs, which is no where near true. Anyway, I bought this new one and stepped on only to find that it reads 20LBS <gasp> higher then my old one. I wanted to throw it away immediately. So needless to say I am very very discouraged. The goal seems absolutely impossible. I would like nothing more than to stay in my house for 2 years and emerge missing 50% of myself. SIGH....that won't happen.
yadmit
yadmit
Canada
2006/08/10, 11:56 PM
Don't fall victim to the scale... use it as a guide every so often, not as the only tool to reach your goal...

Take measurements, etc and watch how your clothes fit. There you can tell the difference better than with a scale.

t

--------------
I am training for birthdays.

Be here. Live. Love. Hope. Now. Faith. Believe. You. - Keith Urban

KC_72
KC_72
United States
2006/08/11, 09:46 AM
I agree with Tim 100%!!!!!!My scale was mocking me on a daily basis(:))and since I don't tolerate abusive people in my life I tossed it in the garbage!!!!Was the best thing I ever did.I measure on a weekly basis and I am much happier for it!!!Bring your scale back and buy yourself a .99 soft measure from wal-mart...you'll thank me later.
2006/08/11, 03:10 PM
Have to agree with others. Dont pay much attention to the scale....it's only a relative measure...it wont tell you how well you fit your clothes, how many inches you lost, how much your bodyfat has changed, how much water weight you may be retaining, or how fit you are....it's very deceptive.....

I like the suggestion of using the scale only once a week....just make sure it's at the same time each time you do.....

KC_72
KC_72
United States
2006/08/11, 03:31 PM
Well weighing once a week I would argue...I would say every day.

Hear me out before rolling your eyes.If you weigh your self daily at the same time wearing the same clothing(better yet nothing)and after 7 days you take your total number and divide it by 7 you get a more accurate weight.You do fluxuate so often you could be weighing yourself on a day you are holding water and think you have gained.

Either way I stand by my TOSS IT theory.