Group: Women's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 525, Messages: 10844

A place for women to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

I hate my man-sized calves

chubbs357
chubbs357
United States
2006/09/01, 09:41 AM
I'm 5'4" and my calves are bigger than all the men in my family including my fiancee. I want to lose about 45 pounds so I know my calf size will decrease as I lose fat, but not by much. Right now, I have what they call "cankles" where your calf kind of just goes right into your foot and you don't have defined ankles. I feel so self-conscious about my legs since I'm so short and I hate wearing shorts or skirts because of it. I could really use some advice on how to tone my calf muscles to make them look leaner and longer. This seems to be the most difficult muscle group to mold so any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2006/09/03, 10:42 AM
lose weight all over.
steph_rowe
steph_rowe
Australia
2006/10/06, 02:40 AM
Hey my name is steph and i build muscle really quickly. if i was a guy then this would be great but i'm not so it kind of sucks. question: what types of exercise and how much should i do to keep my figure without building muscle?
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2006/10/07, 05:46 PM
steph - are you lean? Most women tend to feel that they are bulking up when they lift weights because they fail to lose bodyfat to the degree necessary to look toned and defined. Women tend to store more fat within muscles, so you may just need to keep it up and your calves will get leaner.

if you truly are a lucky mass gainer - you will want to do a good weight training routine for shape and definition and also do a lot of cardio to keep your body from wanting to add muscle.
Try the exercise programs here at freetrainers - look at the top of the page for 'exercise program' and follow the link. it will ask you your goals and generate a workout for you.

--------------

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.
- Aristotle