Group: I am overweight or obese

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 381, Messages: 6449

Being overweight is a common trait these days and there is not enough help out there. Find out how you can shed those pounds and improve yourself from within.

Join group

I finally did it......

Rasgirl
Rasgirl
United States
2007/06/04, 03:53 AM
I have been so tired and worn out for months, I know diet and exercise do help but just couldn't even muster up the energy to do 1 minute let alone 30. I eat just ok...like I don't drink sodas or alot of junk food but I also don't eat alot of healthy well balanced meals usually one meal a day if I'm lucky and usually way to late at night.

My problem isn't food it's the last 2 years of basically doing nothing except computer work and sleeping or lack of sleeping as I have sleep issues I get 8 hrs most of the time just not from normal time like I go to bed at 4-5am then wake up noon. My weight problem started from a bad judement call on a Doctor's part but that's neither here nor there. Today, for some reason I woke up surprisingly at 9am with just a hair of energy maybe from reading all these wonderful post, so I said to myself why wait til Monday to start my workout as the fitness plan said, so I said ok i'll get on my stair climber and just do what I can "no set time" just at least get on it and stop using it as an extra closet.

Next thing I know I looked down and 15 mins had already passed on the timer I was amazed so I did an extra 5 mins (Total 20mins) then did some stomach crunches. I really felt good about myself and doing it. Now, I know it's just one day but it's a start and I'm going to do it again tomorrow NO MATTER WHAT...I know you prolly shouldn't do cardio everyday but I did enjoy my stair climber for the first time in years so I'll probably at least use it for the next few weeks until hopefully I can get past this fatigue and sleep issue then go back to 3x a week. I know if I don't use it everyday for awhile I'll fall right back were I was. I think once I get going again then I can add strength training a little at a time.

Thank you all for such great post.....I hope everyone reaches there goals no matter what there are...:big_smile:
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2007/06/04, 08:37 AM
Congratualtions, Rasgirl!!!!! You took the hardest step - the first one!

You say food isn't your problem - but you only eat one meal a day???????? There is a big part of your energy problem right there - start eating small meals, lean protein, complex carbs and a little good fat, every 3 hours and your energy levels should skyrocket.

Glad you made it onto that stepper! :)Keep it up - cardio every day won't hurt you and it will help give you energy.

--------------

Permanence, perseverance and persistence in spite of all obstacles, discouragements, and impossibilities: It is this, that in all things distinguishes the strong soul from the weak.
Thomas Carlyle

Rasgirl
Rasgirl
United States
2007/06/04, 07:44 PM
Thank you tons Amy for all your support, I know eating right is very important but being broke and rarely hungry is hard to change but I'm working on that. I remembered I had a container of Optimum 100% whey protein mix so I had a shake today which should help. By the 15th my finances should be better so buying healthier more balanced foods is a defo, just that its hard to eat when your not hungry, but I did manage not only to do the stair climber again today but also followed the exercises off the fitness plan designed for me, altho..LOL no way I was able to push the 4reps at 15 on most but I did do my best and at least did ALL the exercises as best I could. I do have a question tho, my tummy is fairly flat (cuz my weight is in my Chest and my hiney) and I used to have some cuts but I want that 6 pack how many times a week should I work those muscles to get that or least come close. Thanks again for all your help:)
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2007/06/04, 09:40 PM
Working your abs won't make them cut - proper eating and a consistent exercise plan. I work abs about two times a week, not including the work they do when I am kickboxing and lifting heavy.

--------------

Permanence, perseverance and persistence in spite of all obstacles, discouragements, and impossibilities: It is this, that in all things distinguishes the strong soul from the weak.
Thomas Carlyle

Rasgirl
Rasgirl
United States
2007/06/05, 02:56 AM
Thank you Amy, yeah I know I'll probably have to get real lean again before there are any signs of cuts anywhere on my body, I just couldn't remember how often I was suppose to work my abs. At this point I'm honestly not thinking to much of mass more of just getting down a bit in size, getting rid of the fat and getting leaner once I reach my goal weight or close to it then I'll work on bulking up a bit. I know this may sound odd but there only certain muscles I want to bulk up and others I just want toned. I'm guessing if I do it right I should probably start to see real results about mid to late September maybe a bit sooner. Perfect just before holiday season and I'll get to start all over. Just Kidding.......again thank you so much for your advice, your the one that got me off my butt and got me to "Just do it". Your before and after pics are truly an inspiration. Not to sound weird but I look at them every day and it reminds me to get up and go do it that every little bit counts and when I least expect it I'll have the energy and the desire to do more everyday.:big_smile:
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2007/06/05, 08:49 AM
:)
Vedakathryn
Vedakathryn
United States
2007/06/10, 06:22 PM
That is great that you are making some positive changes! Keep going --and I agree --Amy is a WONDERFUL inspiration!!

--------------
Veda

It is more important to know where you are going than to get there quickly. - Mabel Newcomber

Patience, persistence and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success. - Napoleon Hill