Group: I am overweight or obese

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 381, Messages: 6449

Being overweight is a common trait these days and there is not enough help out there. Find out how you can shed those pounds and improve yourself from within.

Join group

I AM FAT AND NEED HELP!!!!!!

leslie82
leslie82
United States
2006/07/20, 03:25 PM
I AM 216 LBS AND I AM 5'7 I AM 24 YEARSOLD I SHOULDNT BE THESE SIZE ITS VERY VERY HARD FOR BE TO LOSE WEIGHT I JUST NEED SOME SUPPORT AND I CANT GET I AM HOPIN SOMEONE CAN SUPPORT ME IN LOSING WEIGHT.....THANKS:(
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2006/07/21, 11:14 AM
Start reading the FAQs section, sign up for your free workout, start a walking routine and start educating yourself on healthy eating and a healthy lifestyle.

Welcome to FT! Everyone here will support you, but you have to do the work yourself.:)

--------------

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.
dna_roberts
dna_roberts
United States
2006/08/12, 04:21 AM
Hi leslie I know how you feel for i'm about in that same boat maybe we can be there for each other I am the same age as you as well and i'm 5'11 at 362lbs. I was thinking man is those scales wrong? I am looking forward to starting my fitness plan :D I'm already eating better and trying to wean my self off soads now they are so addictive it's like a drug lol. Feel free to private message me and maybe we can get through this together?
2006/08/12, 06:51 AM
Leslie the weight loss starts in the kitchen.....ie. things you eat. You need to start eating 5-8 small meals/snacks daily....1800-2000 calories daily...(focusing on fibrous vegetables/grains/slow digesting starches/seeds:broccoli, celery, buckwheat, brown/black rice, yam, sweet potatoes, amaranth, quinoa)....lean meats(chicken,fish,turkey,soy).....healthy fats(fish, avacados, seeds, nuts, olive oil)....each meal should be about 500 calories, with snack in the 150-300 range....aim to drink gallon of water daily

Absolutely no junk food.....no sodas, no juices, no liquid calories of any kind...no fried foods....No fast food places....aim to keep sodium as low as possible...keep fruits to a minimum(perhaps a fruit in the morning)

Carry a food journal with you for a week and record everything you eat....including the dressings....this will give you a better idea of your total daily calories....

WALK.....morning and night.....twice a day....20-30 minutes .....to start out....then progress to jogging/running.....you can also focus on running a specific distance at your best pace...say 1-2 miles....then slowly increase it block or two at a time...

If there are STAIRS/ELVATORS...then use the stairs...over a year you can burn an amazing of calories and shed considerable pounds just by walking up and down stairs

Start lifting weights....biggest exercises work best....they are not for men only....they wont make u manly or bulky but they will burn body fat and build muscle/bone like nothing else....Squats, Deadlifts, Bench Press, Military Presses, Pulldowns or Assisted Pull Ups, Dips...etc...however I suggest start light and work up to a 8-12 rep range for 3 sets.....Also make sure to learn the proper form...it's vital...make sure to have a weight lifting journal...and record everything u do....
Pytbull
Pytbull
Canada
2006/08/14, 10:23 AM
This is the place to be with regards to weight loss.I have been a member for a few short mths and have found the support and tips very helpfull.It takes time as I have learned,i wanted miracles over night and after reading the posts on this site found out it is not

p_au27
p_au27
Canada
2006/08/31, 01:24 AM
i agree 100% with what menace3000 suggests.

i would just like to add that you can gain access to on an online food journal at fitday.com

i hope that helps

good luck
kdisco18
kdisco18
United States
2006/08/31, 12:20 PM
I feel the same way!!! 33 years old and 291 lbs. Hang in there u can do it!:big_smile: