Group: Women's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 525, Messages: 10844

A place for women to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

HOW TO GET A BIG BUM

MarissaC
MarissaC
Canada
2007/12/17, 09:27 PM
I know you've all probably hear this a million times, but i'll ask it again.. How do you get a big butt without like equipment? is that even possible? because I don't have a gym membership or anything & a flat bum.. well I think its flat but most of my friends think its big for a skinny girl... anyways plese help!!
Vedakathryn
Vedakathryn
United States
2007/12/17, 10:47 PM
Lunges and squats are great for shaping the behind!

--------------
Veda

It is more important to know where you are going than to get there quickly. - Mabel Newcomber

Patience, persistence and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success. - Napoleon Hill
texan_sunrise
texan_sunrise
United States
2008/01/03, 03:48 PM
Deadlifts. Lunges too. I never really felt anything in my gluts unless I had a really wide stance. Deadlifts were good though. And lunges.
missx
missx
United Kingdom
2008/02/15, 06:12 PM
i have a big butt and i hate it, it make me look bigger than i alreay am
2008/03/08, 04:19 PM
Recent exercise physiology study out of John's Hopkin's hooked electrodes up to subject's leg and glut muscles and then had them do a variety of lower leg exercises to find out which ones generated the biggest contractions in which muscles. Number one move to activate the glut's turned out to be mule kicks on the floor (and to think Jane Fonda had it right all the time!) Second for working the glutes were lunges, and then squats and deadlifts (though I can't remember which of those two was more effective.) Mule kicks are easy to do at home. So are lunges. Get some ankle weights to up the intensity of the mule kicks and some dumbbells for the lunges. Hope that helps.

--------------
\"We must be the change we wish to see in the world\" - Ghandi
wrestler125
wrestler125
United States
2008/03/08, 11:06 PM
While the mule kicks may have a high degree of motor unit activation, the problem with that exercise is that the loading is only at the top, and so there is no loading in the stretched position.

--------------
SQUAT MORE ~Jesse Marunde

Blood Guts Sweat Chalk
2008/03/09, 09:20 AM
Good point, wrestler. Can you elaborate on the benefit of having a load in the stretched position, just for the sake of knowledge? Also, would that be a problem for MarrisaC in terms of her specific goal?

--------------
\"We must be the change we wish to see in the world\" - Ghandi
wrestler125
wrestler125
United States
2008/03/09, 04:15 PM
Putting the muscle under tension while in a stretched position will cause a much greater amount of microtrauma to the muscle, which will lead in over compensation in the form of hypertrophy (muscle growth) and strength.

While it makes it a poor exercise as far as hypertrophy is concerned, it in turn makes it an excellent exercise for recovery work, since it is less stressful, but still results in a good contraction. I also know lifters that use it as a warm up, which would also be a good idea.

Sorry for intruding into the female forum, but you normally post good stuff and I just wanted to clarify that.

--------------
SQUAT MORE ~Jesse Marunde

Blood Guts Sweat Chalk