Group: I am overweight or obese

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 381, Messages: 6449

Being overweight is a common trait these days and there is not enough help out there. Find out how you can shed those pounds and improve yourself from within.

Join group

How to change lifestyles?

Debra86
Debra86
United States
2009/03/14, 10:57 PM
My biggest problem is mentally convincing myself that I NEED to diet AND exercise. I know I do but I'll start a program and be like "F this I'm always hungry, working out is a drag, and I don't have time...besides I'm fine the way I am" But I really NEED to lose weight and get healthy...I'm 22 and I don't want to be fat or unhealthy anymore! If someone could give me tips on motivation and consistancy that woul be great, i'm sick of fighting myself!:(
returnofplex
returnofplex
United States
2009/03/16, 02:58 PM
Probably the best piece of advice I can give you is to put yourself into an environment that permits success. What that means is that all of the junk and temptations in your house needs to go. Anything that is bad for you needs to not be at arms reach.
Also you need to find ways around taking in mass quantities of calories during meal time. Like adding a small baked potato with a little salt and fake butter spray. Or a big salad with fat free dressing with meals to help fill the space. You eat the salad or potato first, then eat the entree. Or find lower calorie alternatives to the foods you like. You could use a high fiber tortilla wrap(70 calories) instead of a regular white tortilla (150-200 calories) with tacos or fajitas. Light mayonnaise(20 calories) instead of regular(100 calories). Non fat cheese(30 calories) on sandwiches instead of regular(70).Low carb wheat bread(35 calories a slice) instead of regular(70). Lean meats, and so on..... There's a ton of ways to make cuts in your diet without necessarily sacrificing. I eat six times a day and have a hard time hitting 2500 calories(I'm pretty active).