Group: Women's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 525, Messages: 10844

A place for women to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

How long did it take to notice?

jessegaw
jessegaw
Canada
2007/10/16, 02:19 AM
Hey, new to the site. Think it's awesome!

I was just wondering how long it took people to start noticing a real change (muscle and /or weightloss) and how often (and how long) do you weight train per week?

Thanks
ReptilianFeline
ReptilianFeline
Sweden
2007/10/16, 07:01 AM
Some muscles are easier to notice than others, but I could see and, more importantly, feel the difference after a week or so. I train 4 days a week and i'm on my fifth week of serious work after 2 weeks of the home workout. I work out hard and push myself all the time, maybe that's why I see the changes so soon.

--------------
-----------------------------------
Getting there... one kg at a time...
-----------------------------------
flyonthewall
flyonthewall
Canada
2007/10/16, 09:11 AM
welcome to FT jesse! I guess it really depends where you're at now. Based on your profile you already lead a pretty active lifestyle with skiing and cycling, so i guess that you're not carrying excessive amounts of fat on your body. I also think that if you're not currently doing a lifting routine, then that is what will give you the definition you're looking for...that and a healthy diet! The time it takes to see a difference will be directly correlated to how dedicated you are to reach your goal:) But, it all takes time...set yourself an 8 week goal and see where it takes you.

--------------
Even if you are on the right track, you will get run over if you just sit there.
--------------
The harder you fall, the higher you bounce
2007/10/16, 02:49 PM
A good diet is really, REALLY important. I confess that I have not worked out since July after I injured my back. For the past month I've been planning my return to lifting, but a recent move (along with my 18 month old son and my full time student husband) have thus far thwarted my efforts.

Okay, so I haven't made it to the gym yet, but I have been able to plan out a (mostly) clean eating diet that I've adhered to for the past month. Here's the thing, I have NOT restricted my calories at all. All I've done is alter they types of food I'm eating and how often I eat them. I didn't really expect much to happen b/c I'm not working out, but I figured I should try to form a good habit now.

Well, low and behold, in one month of doing nothing more vigorous than take care of my son all day, cleaning up my food intake melted a whopping 10 lbs off of me. I'm down a full clothing size, I had to buy a new belt, and the muscle mass I still have from all the lifting I did before my injury (of course I've lost some) is nicely defined. I am psyched! Eating smart really pays off, regardless of what else you're doing. Now to get back to the gym and really buff up :big_smile:

--------------
\"We must be the change we wish to see in the world\" - Ghandi
jessegaw
jessegaw
Canada
2007/10/31, 10:00 PM
Thanks for the responses! I've set 8, 12, and 6 month goals and have been working on those.
I've already noticed that my arms are more defined (I think it helped that there was less fat there and I swam and bumped chairs at the ski hill last year)...pretty pretty triceps! Yay!!
Now to work on that thick midsection :)
Vedakathryn
Vedakathryn
United States
2007/11/15, 01:36 PM
It took me about 2 weeks and I started to notice little things, after 2 months, there was definate definition going on. I work out 5x a week, weights 3x and cardio every day as I am still trying to shed some fat, but the sculpting effect is so inspiring --I see one muscle movin' around now and it gives me enough joy to work out more, lol!! :dumbbell:

--------------
Veda

It is more important to know where you are going than to get there quickly. - Mabel Newcomber

Patience, persistence and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success. - Napoleon Hill