Group: I am overweight or obese

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 381, Messages: 6449

Being overweight is a common trait these days and there is not enough help out there. Find out how you can shed those pounds and improve yourself from within.

Join group

How do I lose weight?

twistedlens
twistedlens
United States
2008/03/10, 11:04 AM
This is not so much a question but the journey it takes me to make strides in my quest to lose weight. With so many people wanting quick weight loss I thought I would share my 'secret' to weight loss.

The alarm in my bedroom rings a t 5:30. I drag myself out of bed to begin my day. This time is to eat a healthy breakfast and get ready for work. I eat and take my medicine for high blood pressure (certainly not helped be my weight but improving each visit with exercise) No time for exercise yet. I take out the dog, make a snack a lunch and another snack. These things include lean protein and fruit and vegetables. It is now time to get my daughter up. I rush out of the house at 7:30 with my grocery bag of fruits and vegs. and protein.

Work is here, I make coffee and start the day. Ahh 10 am and time to eat something. Need my energy before lunch. Lunch is here and it is off to the gym for weight training and or cardio. depends on the day. I do use the freetrainers workouts and I like that every week is not the same. Helps to keep me going. Back at my desk to eat lunch. Then a light snack at 3pm so I do not over eat at dinner.

dinner, time with daughter and maybe a snack but usually not hungry so it is now bed to do it all over again tommorrow.

Does my day always go this way. Pretty much but if I slip I start right back in with the next meal or day or whatever. So what is my secret to weight loss The DD of fitness. Dedication and determination.

My hardest obstacle is when one part is out of whack. If my exercising is not there I tend to think "I mine as well eat the cupcake or two" If My diet is out of whack why exercise. If my motivation is low it just does not work. So again Dedication and Determination.. So when you feel like it is not worth it just eat the piece of fruit or go to the gym YOU WILL THANK YOURSELF FOR IT. I just looked in the mirror after a month and realized that my pants fit better and hey is that a bicep.

Like death and taxes I know I will slip up but I also know that the next start to a healthy me is just an apple away. :dumbbell:
corless319
corless319
United States
2008/03/10, 01:12 PM
Good stuff dude. Really good. How much have you lost already?
twistedlens
twistedlens
United States
2008/03/10, 01:29 PM

Well in the last 6 weeks I was able to lose ten pounds but that was with 2 weeks of sickness. So I am pschyed about that
============
Quoting from corless319:

Good stuff dude. Really good. How much have you lost already?
=============