Group: Women's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 525, Messages: 10844

A place for women to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

HIIT, nutrition, p90x abs

haleywonder
haleywonder
United States
2012/02/18, 09:15 PM
hi all~

i've been trying to get back in shape since mid-january, starting first with cleaning up my diet (eliminating sugar, flour and other starches, processed foods, etc) and have been training with HIIT sprints and p90x abs/lower body weights alternating days for about 3 weeks. i also practice hot yoga 3x/week. sounds like something like that would give at least minimal results, yes? but i've remained at the same numbers on the scale and on the tape measure. i started off with 30:90 sprint/rest intervals, but am now at about 30:60. i eat EFAs like hempseed oil daily, and the only carb besides fruits and veggies i eat is in quinoa. should i up my protein? out of all the things i can think of that i'm doing wrong, that seems to be the only thing. could i just be hormonal and bloated, and see lost inches once my cycle arrives? i don't necessarily want to lose too much weight, just displace the fat with muscle. i'm 34, 5'3" and 120 lbs. but at about 24% bodyfat. any tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated, as not seeing results is extremely frustrating.