Group: I am overweight or obese

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 381, Messages: 6449

Being overweight is a common trait these days and there is not enough help out there. Find out how you can shed those pounds and improve yourself from within.

Join group

Hi, I'm new

scotthimself
scotthimself
United States
2007/11/11, 10:53 PM
I have a weight problem. I'm 19, am 6'0" tall, and weigh 265 lbs. I carry my weight well, but I'm overweight. This problem started when I quit wrestling to get an after-school job in my sophomore year of high school, at which time I was 16, 6'0" tall, and weighed 185 lbs.

I miss that weight. Alot.

I've gained muscle as well as fat, and used to lift fairly regularly, but I'm definitely overweight. And if I don't try to fool myself, it's definitely fat. I could lose 70 lbs. and be down to around 11% body fat. I would literally pay any amount of money to get there, but for some reason I can't get myself to stop playing computer games after work and go exercise. I don't know what's wrong with me.

I randomly feel bad, can barely run a mile anymore, and always feel extremely self-concious in public. When I see pictures of myself the honest truth jumps out at me and I see what I actually look like when I'm not subconciously posing in front of the mirror and it makes me sick.

I need to lose weight.

I'm a former state runner-up in a 5A school (meaning I was pretty damned good for an underclassmen). I used to be able to do 300 push-ups consecutively, ran 5 miles daily, and would work out for 3 hours twice a day.

I now play computer games and work at a PC Cafe while barely attending classes. I hate the way I look, I hate my lack of self-esteem, and I hate my lack of initiative.

Help?
yadmit
yadmit
Canada
2007/11/12, 09:07 AM
Hey, Scott... welcome to FT.

A good start would be what you eat. Keep an eye on that and make adjustments. Also, sign up for a free plan from this site to get the exercise going. And, maybe workout in the morning so it's done and then you can play computer games in the evening, guilt free.