Group: I am overweight or obese

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 381, Messages: 6449

Being overweight is a common trait these days and there is not enough help out there. Find out how you can shed those pounds and improve yourself from within.

Join group

Help: My workout - is it enough?

ara_727
ara_727
United States
2009/02/16, 02:15 PM
Hi there. I need some advice please. For a quick background: I grew up active as a competitive swimmer and never had a weight issue. In fact I was a size 2 jeans in high school (11 years ago). I gained the normal weight after high school and then with my first child in 2006 I put on 60lbs and somehow (not healthy...barely ate b/c I kept myself so busy) I lost 50lbs of it in the first 6 months and then in the next 6 months went smaller than I was before I was pregnant. Now, I just had another baby on 12/13/08 and I gained 75lbs during this pregnancy. I was already bigger to start so even though I have lost 30lbs already (naturally postpartum) I want to loose 75lbs. Ever since I came back to work from maternity leave (going on 4 weeks now) I have been eating very healthy and exercising 5 days a week. We have a fitness center at my work so everyday at 5 I go over and workout. I want to tell you what I do and I am asking for feedback on if what I am doing is enough, or what I can do to make it better. When I started I could barely go a mile on the treadmill in roughly 25 minutes (rate of 2.5). As of last Friday I go a mile in 17 minutes (fast walking at a rate of 3.3). I have added doing random weights after my cardio. So, is going a mile on the treadmill 5 days a week enough right now? Should I add more distance? Should I use the elliptical and not treadmill? Please help here, I want to maximize my daily workout so I can get going and loose this weight! Thanks!!!

--------------
Ashley
28, Dallas TX
Weight Loss Goal: 75 lbs
*I just had my 2nd baby in December 08\'
OIFone
OIFone
United States
2009/04/25, 01:48 AM
Ok some advice frome me is that it all depends do u feel your workout or not. A really good workout is if you target a specific muscle group one day and the next day target another one. It will definitely maximize your workout and make you feel as if your workout is doing better. Plus its easier to focus on "some" rather than all everytime you go in
yadmit
yadmit
Canada
2009/04/25, 10:17 AM
If you want to maximize your workout, try three full body workouts a week.

Do cardio following your workouts? It doesn't matter what form of cardio you use, variety isn't bad.

Eat well. What are you eating now? Sometimes we think we are eating well, when in fact, we aren't.

Welcome to FT.

--------------
I see the words you are typing, but all I read is *click*click*click*

Fat loss isn?t under the control of the magic fat loss fairies. - Alwyn Cosgrove
returnofplex
returnofplex
United States
2009/04/27, 10:56 AM
I agree with TimDay. Do a full body strength training routine three days a week(M,W,F), followed by some mild cardio for 20 minutes. Do a more intense cardio session on the days in between your strength training days(Tu,Th).