Group: I am overweight or obese

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 381, Messages: 6449

Being overweight is a common trait these days and there is not enough help out there. Find out how you can shed those pounds and improve yourself from within.

Join group

HELP MEEEEE PLEASE .......

dna_roberts
dna_roberts
United States
2006/08/08, 02:37 AM
I am almost 400 pounds i'm 5'11" and I have been trying to loose weight then i get discouraged and just quit. I wished that I had more people to encourage me and not many do. My grandfather mother and father are always talking about how fat i am. My husband keeps asking when I'm going to loose weight. I try and just don't know it seems i have no motivation at all to loose weight and i stay depressed now about my weight. I see all these skinny people and I just wish i could be like them.
dna_roberts
dna_roberts
United States
2006/08/09, 03:18 AM
thanks Ogono But i can't afford a personal trainer and well i live in a very small town where there is none of that stuff and all but thanks for the support.
slorbets
slorbets
Canada
2006/08/09, 10:28 PM
I agree with ogono, I would start slowly, working your way up. I would see a doctor or nutritionist to get you started on a diet and exercise plan suitable for your needs. Keep motivated! It is worth it!
Mallu
Mallu
India
2006/08/10, 04:07 AM
Message deleted by moderator due to unsuitable content for this board.
KC_72
KC_72
United States
2006/08/10, 09:44 AM
let me guess....yoga???
Denovas
Denovas
United States
2006/08/10, 08:40 PM
dna_roberts, I also get discouraged when I look at all of the weight that I have to lose and look at people that have great shapes, including my own sister. But the great thing is that all of this stuff really really works - the key is to do it. This site has a lot of information and great people that will offer support as much as possible: use it! But the biggest key, in my opinion, is actually putting this all into play. I am working on doing that myself....I have lots and lots and lots of weight to lose. I try to focus on small goals instead of only looking at the end goal which looks so far away.
dna_roberts
dna_roberts
United States
2006/08/11, 04:13 AM
I have quite drinking the real dr peppers and went to the Diet. No more fried foods. I have stopped the eating chicken pork and beef and went to eating fish veggies fuirt and soups. I need to get into excersing but it's hard cause i like to do things with others. if you know what I mean. I think I will try yoga cause it seems calm. I also have this crunch vedio and it's dancing and i love to dance.
2006/08/11, 06:13 AM
sorry got logged out.

Good luck with your weight loss journey. The keys are Determination, Dedication, and Patience. Everything else will come in time.

Also you may want to get yourself a dog as a jogging/walking buddy....
dna_roberts
dna_roberts
United States
2006/08/11, 06:12 PM
I really appreciate all the comments and support. I am feel I am ready to get started with my fitness program. I think I will do some yoga as well for the mind body and spirit :D I am sure that 5-10lbs a week wouldn't hurt me at all. I hope that by this time next year I can be close to my ideal weight but for now I am just setting my goals at getting started with this.
KC_72
KC_72
United States
2006/08/11, 06:27 PM
5-10 pounds a week???Good luck on that..you'll need it.

menace...that was just a little blunt.

dna....take denovas advice it is very sound.
2006/08/12, 07:02 AM
KC what i said was "At your weight, losing 5-10lb every COUPLE of weeks is not unreasonable"...every couple of weeks meaning every 1 OR 2 weeks....and like I said that is not unreasonable....remaining at the weight and losing weight slowly puts undue stress on her heart and organs and outweigh concerns over faster dieting....I wasn't suggesting liquid dieting by any stretch of imagination....just going bit beyond the general 1-2lb a week recommendation...

Also I think bluntness works....people say they have no motivation ...this and that....so sometimes they need a proverbial kick in the butt to get them going....bottom line..it's not about anyone else...it's about the person trying to lose weight....also just so that weight loss doesnt seem overwhelming...remember as Ogono already mentioned it start 1 lb at a time....you may also not lose same number of lb during each week or month but just keep sticking with it and trying to perserve...the weight gain didnt happen overnight and weight loss wont happen overnight either....

good luck
2006/08/12, 07:04 AM
persevere*
BILL06
BILL06
United States
2006/08/14, 05:45 PM
Hang in there DNA, the hardest part is actually committing ourselves to the promises we make every year, to lose weight and get in shape. Being male we tend to lose weight easier/faster than gals, i myself in 4 weeks have just hit my 1st goal that i set, lose 5% of my body weight, 17lbs in 4 weeks.You'd be amazed on how just walking will help u shed pounds and inches, giving you the motivation to continue when u see a few pounds come off a week, it surely motivates me. I look at it this way, that twinky or yoohoo is 1-2 hours on a treadmill, i look at all food that way now Good luck !!:)

--------------
For as a man thinketh in his heart, so he is. proverbs 23:7

Bill
dna_roberts
dna_roberts
United States
2006/08/14, 10:16 PM
hehe thanks Bill I know about working out for I'm not really new to the game just lost my way down the road actually I guess you can say from working in the prison and living on a job corps campus where you have no car and forget the van you get there quicker by walking. :) I'll keep it in mind of all of the motivation everyone is giving me :laugh: My husband is afraid of me loosing weight he was picking to day saying that if i lost all the weight then he would have to lock me up so no one else steals me from him. Anyways off to go work out ;)
KC_72
KC_72
United States
2006/08/15, 09:34 AM
I think you must be right menace...dna got her kick in the butt and she's moving now!!!!Congratulations on getting started dna!!!
dna_roberts
dna_roberts
United States
2006/08/15, 07:19 PM
thanks K C I'll keep in touch everyday with posts