Group: I am overweight or obese

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 381, Messages: 6449

Being overweight is a common trait these days and there is not enough help out there. Find out how you can shed those pounds and improve yourself from within.

Join group

Help

hunt0112
hunt0112
Canada
2006/07/10, 06:25 PM
Hello, I'm new here. I'm a 23 year old female with high blood pressure and needs to lose weight. I'm at my highest weight ever in my life and that's almost 300lbs. :( Because of my high blood pressure i'm not sure how far i should push myself at the gym. Curently i'm going to the gym 3 times a week doing 1 hour of walking on the treadmill (getting my heart rate up to 190 to 220 beats per mintue)I'm not sure if that's good or not, and i'm also doing 30 minutes of weight training. I've been doing this for about a month and so far no results. I'm open to any suggestions.

Thanks
Ravenbeauty
Ravenbeauty
United States
2006/07/11, 09:57 PM
Hi Hunt, I would really recommend consulting your physician and having them give you guidelines as to what you can or cannot do first, then with those results we can help you better. When it is something as delicate as high blood pressure and everyone being different it is best to know all the facts before starting out. Good luck and let us know how you are coming along, I think it is great you are hitting the gym three times a week for walking. What an outstanding start you have accomplished! :big_smile:

--------------
Bettia.... You can't depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.
-Mark Twain

ravenbeauty@freetrainers.com

hunt0112
hunt0112
Canada
2006/07/12, 03:33 PM
Hello,

Thanks for your suggestions. I've gone to my doctor and the first respons is putting me on medication, they keep telling me not go to the gym or pretty much do anything until my blood pressure goes down but the reason there saying my blood pressure is up is because of my weight. Do you think I should give in a go on the medication to lower my blood pressure and then worry about my weight?
Ravenbeauty
Ravenbeauty
United States
2006/07/12, 04:34 PM
I would do what your doctor suggests, but there are things you can do right now to help you out. Take a look at your diet, start working on eating nutritional meals that will help yhou in weightloss until you are able to start exercising hunt. Try reading some of the thumbtacks at the top of the nutritional forum for idea and recipes for healty eating, this will also help you lower your high blood pressure through weightloss.

--------------
Bettia.... You can't depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.
-Mark Twain

ravenbeauty@freetrainers.com

hunt0112
hunt0112
Canada
2006/07/12, 05:07 PM
I've been watching what i've been eating for awhile now but diet alone doesn't work. I've been following the GI diet. I lost 10 lbs and then it just stoped, I can't seem to lose any weight now, no matter what I do. I'll read the nutrition forum to see what I can change in my diet.

Thanks