Group: I am overweight or obese

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 381, Messages: 6449

Being overweight is a common trait these days and there is not enough help out there. Find out how you can shed those pounds and improve yourself from within.

Join group

help

honeybear3781
honeybear3781
United States
2006/06/07, 11:01 PM
I am getting married next April and would like to lose at least 60lbs before then... I have always been athletic but after 2 knee surgeries and getting older, I've just made excuses... I am looking for any advice anyone can give me. Help or whatever.. any secrets? I need to lose the weight before trying to tone right? :) where do I start?
mikencharleston
mikencharleston
United States
2006/06/07, 11:07 PM
Why would you want to wait till you lose the weight before you start exercising? You'll find it easier to lose weight if you're building your muscle back up at the same time. Take a little time and browse the thumb tacked posts in the forums. There's literally a ton of information in them that usually go unread.
p_au27
p_au27
Canada
2006/08/31, 02:46 PM
Weight loss starts in the kitchen honeybear. Add exercise to increase weight loss speed.
slorbets
slorbets
Canada
2006/08/31, 06:24 PM
There are no secrets. Eat right and exercise is the only way. The biggest challenge as we all know is motivation. To stick with your program, set yourself realistic goals. Keep a food journal, write out a grocery list with healthy items and stick with it when you get to the grocery store. Post pictures up on your fridge of how you used to look when you were thinner to remind you every day what it is you are working so hard towards.

Reward yourself. For example, for every 5lbs you loose treat yourself to something you do not normally do, such as a shopping spree. Spoil yourself for a job well done.

Weight loss is not easy for most people. You have to work hard and believe that you are worth it. Surround yourself with people who are supporitive of your goals. Good luck, and keep us posted!