Group: Beginners to Exercise

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 968, Messages: 18927

Share and offer advice to beginners to the fitness world!

Join group

Help!

resultset_first resultset_previous 1 2 3 of 3 pages resultset_next resultset_last
flyonthewall
flyonthewall
Canada
2005/11/04, 10:55 AM
Someone may be able to answer this better than me, but I believe whey isolates are the bestI think the body absorbs them better and they are "cleaner". I know it's important to have it after wt training, still not sure about after cardio. I think it's more for muscle recovery, so not sure it's as important after cardio. I think carbs may be more useful after cardio...but not too sure. I usually work out over the lunch hour, so I usually have my protien immed. after then have lunch within the hour with a good balance of P,C&F.
flyonthewall
flyonthewall
Canada
2005/11/15, 01:14 PM
We already had our Thanksgiving in Canada. I stuck to turkey(breast meat only) and lots of veggies and saved some room for a bit of pumpkin pie. I just stayed away from the gravy, mashed potatoes (can't eat them without butter!) and stuffing. I made the dinner as well, so I just made sure I had things like sweet potatoes, squash and brussel sprouts. I make my squash by pouring a small amount of olive oil and sprinkling with a bit of curry powder then baking in the oven...yummy!

I wouldn't worry to much about getting your calories higher than 1200-1400, if you're currently loosing weight. However, if you're consistantly dropping 3 or more pounds a week, then you need to add some calories...sad but true! You've made some great changes to your lifestyle, just keep it up and before you know it, it'll become a permanent way of life!
wrestler125
wrestler125
United States
2005/11/04, 04:00 PM
Isolate is more highly concentrated and much easier for you body to absorb. After a workout, you should focus on getting carbs AND protein.

--------------
The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. ~~~Hunter S. Thompson

If you smoke or don’t wear your seatbelt, please don’t tell me the deadlift is dangerous.
flyonthewall
flyonthewall
Canada
2005/11/04, 04:03 PM
Thanks wrestler that was useful info for me as well:)
MarlenaM
MarlenaM
United States
2005/11/04, 04:03 PM
Thanks, I will do that. I've been trying to eat every three hours. Doesn't sound so hard to do. I did HITT today but only for 25mins, that's all I could fit in. Still kicked my butt!

Thank you both of you, you guys have been more help then you know! I really appreciate it!

Back to the protein, what if the label shows both concentrate and isolate? Like designer whey?
sstump1
sstump1
United States
2005/11/04, 04:26 PM
A ton of great advice from two terrific advice givers! I wouldn't even dare to match wits on how to live a healthy lifestyle with either one of these people. Stick with what they tell you and you'll do great!!

Welcome to freetrainers!
flyonthewall
flyonthewall
Canada
2005/11/04, 04:49 PM
Now if only I could practice what I preach:laugh:
sstump1
sstump1
United States
2005/11/04, 04:54 PM
There in lies the challenge. What was the old G.I. Joe saying that they would give at the end of every episode when I was a kid "Knowing is half the battle"
MarlenaM
MarlenaM
United States
2005/11/04, 11:41 PM
Ya these two have been great. I wasn't trying match them, just asking all the questions that I had. There's a lot of information out there that is confusing or contradicting. It's nice to be able to come here and have it set straight; of which I have tried to let them know in almost each post that I appreciate their time and the sharing of their knowledge. And thanks for the welcome. I think I like it here. :) I think by the new year I'll have every post read! My new hobbie.

I am trying to take each thing said and to put that into effect in my life. I come with a history of 13 years of bulemia. Probably the reason I am so adamit on getting this right. It's too important for me to not learn how to take care of myself. As long as I workout and eat right I am fine. I've always been told that with what I have done to my metabolism, I've probably ruined it forever. I have to at least try to fix what I have damaged.

They tested my body fat again today and I lost 4% of body fat though the scale doesn't want to move. So thank you all of you for your help yet again!!

flyonthewall, how long did it take you to get where you are? I read on here somewhere that it takes at least 6 months before most see results? If that's the case, I won't look in the mirror until Jan/Feb!!
MarlenaM
MarlenaM
United States
2005/11/15, 12:35 AM
Thanks. The scale is starting to move again! I have lowered my fat a lot. I was eating too much. I didn't realize it was so important as funny as that sounds. There's so many low carb, and other diets that I think we've lost touch with the way that we are suppose to eat. It's confusing most of the time. I bought a book on low fat eating and I've been applying. So far I can't see anything wrong with it. It's been a big effort to keep the fat lower, but I am starting to see things change. One thing that this book doesn't talk about is....are there any harm done to your body from going too low on fat? My intake has been around 15% the past couple of days. Usually from a low fat cottage cheese, tuna, fat free yogurt, and things like that. Okay, one cookie but usually it's from good sources. =):) It's difficult to get everything that you need every day. I found fitday.com that keeps track of everything for you. I know I should toss that scale out. It's my good intention scale. Every morning I wake up with good intentions on not weighing myself. But it's there and I can't resist! =) I am getting better though!
flyonthewall
flyonthewall
Canada
2005/11/15, 09:44 AM
I hear you on the good intentions on not weighing yourself...I did the same thing. I finally took the scale out of my bathroom and put it away for 2 months. I went thru severe withdrawal symptoms but I survived:laugh: I have to admit though, now I'm in the market for a %BF scale--hopeless I know!!

BTW, those are great LF sources of protien your eating. Those are pretty much the staples of my diet along with shrimp, egg whites, chicken breast and veggies. I love eating almonds as well and often add crushed ones to my cottage cheese or yogurt or just have a handfull as part of my mid-day snack. Again quality is more important than quantity in diet!!
MarlenaM
MarlenaM
United States
2005/11/15, 12:03 PM
Okay I have to admit, my scale also is a %bf scale!!! I bought it a few months ago. I love it. It's a little larger then a regular scale but I didn't mind making room for it!!! :) I woke up and it's still going down. I enjoy eating all day and having the scale go down. :) I did weights yesterday and am not as sore as I usually am. I feel good. I may actually make my goal! I think with the diet I was having and still am having more of a difficult time getting my calorie intake up there. Lately it's been anywhere from 1200 - 1400 range. I stopped trying to eat until I was up there. And just started eating when i was hungry... every couple of hours. I'm not sure if I'm getting enough but I eat all day long, never hungry and try to eat the good stuff. My husband and daughter had hamburgers last night.... and fries. We don't usually do that too often but I took a bite and realized that's not really what I want to eat. I had my squash and a low fat burrito from the whole foods store.. with pinto beans and brown rice... I think the thing had one gram of fat in it. That's the first time I have ever turned down a hambuger and fries! Can't wait for Thanksgiving. Do you have any Thanksgiving recipes or ideas that are the traditional foods but aren't so full of the fat. I get to make it this year and my family is in for a surprise!
MarlenaM
MarlenaM
United States
2005/11/12, 01:02 AM
Okay, you got it. I'll give it a try. 2 days of cardio and 3 days of weights...... Seems like I should be trying harder. I feel like if I'm not doing something every day working towards this then I'm not trying hard enough.

What about the diet, calories? I know that if I'm not getting enough calories that I won't loose either. I don't know how many calories to start with. I read on here you times your body weight by 11 to loose, is that right? I've been doing that and the scale is not moving. I don't understand what I'm doing wrong. 30lbs can't be this difficult. People loose so much more then that all of the time. Do you think that being bulemic for 10 or so years really messed me up so badly that I can't loose weight or that my metabolism is too slow from it?
MarlenaM
MarlenaM
United States
2005/11/12, 02:04 AM
What is this? cAMPHIBOLIC ? I read about it here on some of the other posts. There was a lot of good said about it but I havn't ever heard of it?
wrestler125
wrestler125
United States
2005/11/12, 01:25 PM
check the supplementation board. cAMP and cissus are the two main supplements talked about there. You'd almost think ft was sponsored by them.
Also, you are doing stuff everyday. You are recovering. This is very important for your body. I know that my recovery days are my hardest days to get through, just because I am so damn sore, and I can't go to the gym even if I want to.
Also, the reason we haven't been answering your diet questions is because not only are they VERY specific questions to answer, and different for everybody, but also, if you are lifting and doing HIIT, there isn't going to be that much of a difference in a couple hundred calories. 1500 would be a good mark, but follow our other diet tips as well, especially about getting protein properly.
Don't be discouraged. Weight is only a number. That number should only be going down 1-2% per week, no more. Accelerated weight loss is muscle loss. If your not even getting 1-2%, then still don't worry. The weightlifting plan you are on is building muscle. Muscle takes up less space per pound, and is much more attractive. It will also raise your base metabolic rate (BMR), because as I am sure you have heard before, muscle burns more than fat.

--------------
The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. ~~~Hunter S. Thompson

If you smoke or don’t wear your seatbelt, please don’t tell me the deadlift is dangerous.
MarlenaM
MarlenaM
United States
2005/11/12, 04:52 PM
Thanks. My weight isn't moving down or up; that's what's frustrating.
wrestler125
wrestler125
United States
2005/11/12, 04:57 PM
You're weight doesn't have to change for your body composition to improve... I had one client that didn't lose anything for her first month of training. However, she increased her LBM (lean body mass) and as a result her bmr went up. She went on vacation, ate more than she usually would have, and managed not only to maintain her weight, but to lose weight, and continue losing after returning from vacation due to changes in her body composition.

--------------

MarlenaM
MarlenaM
United States
2005/11/12, 05:11 PM
Okay, I'll try the being patient thing again.:) Thank you for your help. You're right this post has a lot of good information. I have printed it and put it in my binder where my workouts are. Thanks both of you for taking time out to help me. I think at this point I just need to impliment these tips that you have given to me. I will let you know how it goes.:)
flyonthewall
flyonthewall
Canada
2005/11/07, 09:51 AM
Marlena, weight loss is an interesting thing. It took me about a year to loose about 25lbs and maintain the loss-mainly thru diet and running. It was obvious that I'd lost weight but I wasn't thrilled with my physique-I still felt flabby. I probably dropped one size in pants-at the most. Once I started to seriously wt train, and also took up Pilates, I think it took about 4 months when I started to notice some real changes in my physique. My hips narrowed substantially(gotta love those lunges and squats), my abs began to flatten out-esp. my upper abs(I credit Pilates for that one)-still working on the lower- and I started to build some rather nice little bicepts (only I ever notice my bicepts, but I'm very proud of them :) After a year and a half I can see defined muscles when I workout-esp my arms and shoulders (they hide when I'm not flexed) and when I'm really diligent with both my cardio and wt training, I notice that my overall body firms up and I'm generally less "jiggly".

I'd say don't avoid the mirror, but don't expect immediate results-look for the positive changes and don't focus on the negatives. The bottom line is stick with it and you will absolutely see results, they may be subtle and seem slow, but they will occur.

Focus on having a lean mean body for next spring and set small goals between now and then and your sure to get there. If you make a long term goal like that and you stick with it, just imagine how good you'll look/feel next summer!! I like to set new goals every 8 weeks. It helps me stay focused and helps me change things up a bit every couple of months-both with exercise and diet. I no longer make wt loss goals--too depressing and not very accurate. I judge my progress on my appearance and how my clothes fit.

BTW congrats on loosing the 4%BF...that's awesome:big_smile:
MarlenaM
MarlenaM
United States
2005/11/07, 12:42 PM
Thank you. Sounds like you have done an awesome job yourself. I started yesterday and I cut out sugar, whites, and most everything else that is bad for two weeks. I'll add back in the fruit and things like that, that I need at that time. I was beginning to feel like these things were taking over! I am now focusing on my diet and eating limited things, protein, vegies things like that. In 13 days I will even it out a little more, but I needed to go back to the basics. Feeling better though yesterday I wanted to eat the entire jar of jelly!:)
I'm over that today. Hopefully the cravings are gone soon!
I've changed my workout to the things that you suggested. Using compound exercises for an entire body workout and then using isolation exercises towards the end, for certain muscle groups. Three days a week. I think I'll like it better then 6 days a week working certain mucsles. That's what I've been up to! Thank you very much for your help, both you and wrestler have been a great source of knowledge in this area!

Thank you thank you thank you.
MarlenaM
MarlenaM
United States
2005/11/11, 08:54 PM
Thanks.

I will try to impliment what you have suggested on Monday. Do you think that 1440 is too few calories? I have read contradicting material on cardio. Some say you need it 5-6 days a week some say 2-3. I've also recently read that cardio doesn't boost your metabolism, no more then an hour after you stop, is that true? I thought a high intensity cardio session speeds up your metabolism for hours after you stop? Also read that doing cardio in the morning on an empty stomach makes your body start to get it's nutrients from your muscles? So to eat before you do cardio. And lastly that there is a time of day that is better to do cardio. Does it really matter as long as you do it? Okay, that's all for now. Thanks.:)
wrestler125
wrestler125
United States
2005/11/11, 09:54 PM
I'm no longer training clients, but when I was working in a gym, none of my weightloss clients did more than 1-2 cardio sessions per week. It was always HIIT, and this was mostly due to time restrictions. I would rather focus on weightlifting. Not many of my clients agreed with my approach, but ALL of them saw results. Unlike our one trainer that swore the bosu ball was the answer to all your problems.
Also, read what I wrote before... HIIT raises your metabolism for many hours, while regular cardio only raises it for 20-60 minutes afterwards.

--------------

MarlenaM
MarlenaM
United States
2005/11/18, 10:11 AM
My dr has told me to stay off of the weights for two weeks!!!!!!!! I have a really strong pain in the back of my rib cage... either a torn muscle or a cracked rib cage.. probably from lifting she says. I don't know; I never do more then I can do. I did up my weights but it still wasn't anything more then I could do. Doesn't make sense to me. I guess I can still do lunges, squats things like that. Will all of my work be gone in two weeks?
flyonthewall
flyonthewall
Canada
2005/11/18, 02:13 PM
Sometimes a good solid rest does more good than harm (especially if you're injured)...listen to your Dr. or you'll not be training for even longer. When you go back to your workouts, start out lighter and work your way up again. Make sure your form is perfect before increasing your weight. You might even want to invest in a couple of good personal training sessions and go over your routine with them to check your form.

Is your Dr. going to do any further testing, i.e. x-ray to rule out cracked rib cage or MRI for torn muscle? Don't do any exercises that hurt until your cleared by your Dr!!!!

It's tough to have to stop, but you'll regret it more if you end up more seriously injured.

Good Luck and sorry to hear your having a set back:(
MarlenaM
MarlenaM
United States
2005/11/19, 11:22 PM
My x rays didn't show a cracked rib so they tell me that it's a torn muscle. And it could take something like six weeks to heal or at least to not feel pain. I have to ice it every night and they want me to take advil often. Not a fan of advil but I'll do it before I go to bed so that I can sleep. I'm back to hiit cardio today. I just wont swing my arm and it doesn't hurt. I can still lunges, squats, ab work and cardio. At least I can do that!!

Have a good night!
despritgurl3
despritgurl3
United States
2005/11/20, 07:58 PM
HI MY NAME IS RANDI AND I AM INTERESTED IN LOSING 35 LBS MY MARCH 1ST AND WAS WONDERING FIRST IS THAT POSSIBLE? AND SECOND, SHOULD I BE DOING 60 MIN OF CARDIO? OR THE HIIT THING? PLEASE HELP
MarlenaM
MarlenaM
United States
2005/11/20, 11:39 PM
Hi Randi, You have something around 14 weeks or so. I think it's possible. Read through this post I've asked so many questions and these two have put up with my questions for a while now and answered them all!! Has great information. I think the biggest thing for me to loose weight is to lower my fat intake meanwhile getting enough protein, vitimans, straingth training and cardio into a week! Losing 2lbs a week is a good goal. What I've been aiming for... at this point it's been a while so I'll take even .5lbs right now. =) Good luck!
despritgurl3
despritgurl3
United States
2005/11/23, 01:54 PM
oh thank you! well i carry most of my weight in my stomach, i have the body of a pregnant woman, my legs and arms are decent, they could use some toning, but no biggie there, i really want a flat stomach, i havent been able to put on a bikini since i was 8 yrs old. any suggestions on what i should do for cardio to reach my goal?
flyonthewall
flyonthewall
Canada
2005/11/23, 02:03 PM
Hi despritgurl3 and welcome to FT. The same weight loss and "toning" information given to marlena will work for you as well. There is no such thing as spot reducing, so you just have to get your diet in order to effectively get rid of the fat from all over your body and eventually it will come off your problem areas. Cardio will help control the calorie intake, wt training will build lean muscle mass which will help burn calories all day long and will make you look and feel better. So....read thru this post, Marlena asked lots of good questions and I think everything you need to know is listed here. If you have any other questions, just ask.
despritgurl3
despritgurl3
United States
2005/11/25, 07:41 PM
okay i do have one more question...i need to lose it by march 16th exactly so that means i have to burn 950 cal a day in cardio, (i did all the calculations) which would be 3 lbs a week and 12 lbs a month. so what do you suggest i do in order to burn that much???? i am desperate to get my goal body by then.
wrestler125
wrestler125
United States
2005/11/26, 01:22 AM
What do you weigh now, or I might say thats too much to fast.

--------------
Yes I realize my shins are bleeding. And its called a deadlift. Any other questions???

despritgurl3
despritgurl3
United States
2005/11/26, 11:42 AM
i weigh 150 and im 5'4 i really need to reach that goal by that time. thats 3 months and a couple weeks. so is that possible? and if so what should i do? please help!

despritgurl
wrestler125
wrestler125
United States
2005/11/26, 11:04 PM
35lbs in 3 months. Thats about 3lbs per week. For a 150lb individual. 1-2lbs would e better, I would say a better goal would be 25lbs. The slower the weight comes off, the more of it that is in fat, and the easier it will be to keep off. You should aim for 1-2% of your bodyweight per week, so you are at the high end, and exceeding that as you approach your goal.

--------------
Yes I realize my shins are bleeding. And its called a deadlift. Any other questions???

despritgurl3
despritgurl3
United States
2005/11/27, 11:05 AM
i know it may not be healthy for my body, but, is it possible? it is really important that i am at my best by the 16th...please tell me if it is possible?
flyonthewall
flyonthewall
Canada
2005/11/28, 04:57 PM
Rather than focusing on a wt loss number why not just get started and work at it as hard as you can. If you stick to you're diet and exercise goals I can guarantee you'll look great in 3 months. As long as you look great, who cares what the scale says:)
wrestler125
wrestler125
United States
2005/11/29, 12:22 AM
YES, IT IS POSSIBLE. But there is no purpose in it. It can't be that important, or you would have started it a long time ago. However, you will not be at your best if you focus on pounds. Fat is lost slowly. If you try to lose it too quickly, you will lose muscle, and will not look like you are at your best. But if you really want to hear it, yes you can. I have lost 20lbs in a matter of less than 3 days. It wasn't healthy at all, and I lost a lot of performance.

--------------

MarlenaM
MarlenaM
United States
2005/11/29, 12:45 AM
20lbs in 3 days! Every girls dream. =) You are right I have done the fast weight loss and I lost muscle. I was thin but weak. Took me longer to gain my strength back and I was sick more often. As difficult as it is to be patient and do it the right way, it's worth it. But I guess learning this comes with age! 5 years ago I wouldn't have listened! :) I can understand urgency in wanting to loose weight. It starts out that way, and ends up being more about health. Listen to these two, they give good advice. Good luck!
wrestler125
wrestler125
United States
2005/11/29, 11:13 AM
No its not. I was already at a low BF when I did that, probably around 8% before the 20lbs. During that time, I was miserable, dehydrated, depleted, and could hardly wrestle, even after drinking and eating. It weakens your CNS, depletes your muscle, makes you lethargic, slows reaction time, decreases endurance, and destroys your immune system. I made weight, but I performed horribly, going into an overtime win with what should have been a shut-out match. Not only do you feel like crap, but you look it. Your skin dries out, your face changes, and your eyes look different. There is no reason for losing that much weight, and its not something I plan on having to do again.
Take it from someone that has been done many different roads with weight loss. I wrestled for 6 years at a highly competitive level, and now I fight MMA style and rockclimb, both of which require me to watch my weight. I've learned what works and what doesn't, and if you really want to look your best, you will listen to what we are saying, and take it slowly. It takes a while to gain weight, so naturally, it will take its time to get it off.

--------------

============
Quoting from 7707mutt:
The squat cage is holy ground.
============
despritgurl3
despritgurl3
United States
2005/11/29, 12:56 PM
oh wow! see i didnt know that fat burns slower and i would only be burning muscle, well how much could i lose within 3 and a half months?
7707mutt
7707mutt
United States
2005/11/29, 12:58 PM
20-25lbs is about right I think.

--------------
Less Talk, More Chalk!

7707mutt@freetrainers.com
wrestler125
wrestler125
United States
2005/11/29, 01:42 PM
3 and a half months is 14 weeks. your at 150lbs. So you should be losing about 2lbs per week in the beginning, but that number will drop as you drop weight. so yes, 20-25 is a good recommendation.

--------------

============
Quoting from 7707mutt:
============
MarlenaM
MarlenaM
United States
2005/11/29, 08:41 PM
I have a couple of nutrition questions. Would eating too few calories prevent weight loss? I've been aiming for 1400, I don't always make it like today.. barely ate 1200 calories. Fat was 11%, carbs 55% and protein 34%. Does this sound right? Eating healthy it's more difficult to get the calorie intake. I have been eating every 3 hours and am not ever starving myself, nor do I go hungry. Also, is there any truth to not eating starchy carbs after 4pm, not eating past 7pm? Thank you!
wrestler125
wrestler125
United States
2005/11/29, 08:52 PM
Yes, it would. If you eat too few calories, your body goes into a sort of starvation mode and your metabolism slows considerably.
I can get really complicated when it comes to macronutrients. I would go into detail, but its advanced stuff. If anyone really wants to know, I will explain. However, the simple version is that your body handles carbohydrates better earlier in the day. I only eat one carb meal after 4. As for not eating past 7, im calling bull. I eat directly before going to bed, a P+F meal. If you read earlier posts, you can see that I am against going long periods without food. This is because it slows your metabolism. Lets say you go to bed at 11 and sleep till 7. That is 8 hours before your even up to eat. If you stop eating at 7, then you will have gone 12 hours without sustinance. Enough said.

--------------

============
Quoting from 7707mutt:
============
despritgurl3
despritgurl3
United States
2005/11/29, 09:39 PM
20-25 is still good, i eat 1200 calories a day, but i would like to know what is better an hour of cardio or HIIT? and can i do hiit 2x a day?
MarlenaM
MarlenaM
United States
2005/11/29, 10:02 PM
I don't mind your explanations.. I enjoy the information that you share. Okay, what about days like today where I at barely 1300 calories, not hungry and it's 8pm too late to eat anything much... should I have a light snack before the night is done?
MarlenaM
MarlenaM
United States
2005/12/07, 11:35 PM
Okay, so I have a new obsticle. I'm not sure exactly what that obsticle is nor do the drs know. About 5-6 weeks ago, I was told to stop using weights because of a pain in my back. It feels like its just outside of my ribcage in my back. The muscle hurts whenever I use it; which is when I walk or do anything. My dr told me to put heat on it and the nurse told me to put ice on it. They said it would go away in a few days. Being 5-6 weeks since then, the pain has gotten slightly worse and will not go away! I have tried advil on a regular basis and ice and as of tonight, now heat. The muscle is swollen and sticking out a little. I've put in another call to my dr. Meanwhile, I keep thinking if there was something wrong the x ray or blood work would have picked that up right? What about a torn muscle could that be it? I'm really starting to get irritated with it, it's consuming my days and keeping me from doing the things that I need to do. While I've stopped wieght lifting as I was told I havn't stopped cardio. If anything I've done more cardio. Any thoughts or ideas? I'm at a loss as to what to do!!
flyonthewall
flyonthewall
Canada
2005/12/08, 09:24 AM
Hi Marlena, don't you hate it when you just get going with something and you get your feet kicked out from under you...Get back to your Dr. and keep at him until you find out what the problem is. Sounds like you may need an MRI to see whats happening with the muscle etc. Lay off your workouts, which it sounds like you have, until you know what's going on. The last thing you want is to make it worse. I'd even lay off the "heavy" cardio for a couple of weeks and see if it helps at all. Just keep hounding your Dr until you get some answers!!!

Good luck and let us know how it goes.
wrestler125
wrestler125
United States
2005/12/08, 08:42 PM
Been there. Avoid ice. Ice further away from an injury can actually PROLONG an injury. That is why the nurse is a nurse and a doctor is a doctor. Besides that, most doctors (although yours gave good advise) do not have experiance with sports related injuries. I would see an ART specialist or a physical trainer, and possibly a chiropractor. Your doctor is the last person you want answering questions like that.
Take a week off. Then, see someone that actually knows what they are dealing with.

--------------

============
Quoting from 7707mutt:
============
MarlenaM
MarlenaM
United States
2005/12/08, 11:15 PM
So I should stick with heat? I do have a chiropractor because I had a hurniated disk a few years ago that acts up sometimes. I'll go see him. This will go away right? I'll be able to do weights again? Soon? I talked with the nurse today and they are at a loss as to what to do. She mentioned flexeril. I don't know I just want it healed so I can continue. Thanks for both of your help as always! Do you think I should stop cardio as well?
wrestler125
wrestler125
United States
2005/12/09, 04:15 PM
Take the week entirely off. Also, what do you think the nurse knows about your type of injury? Probably nothing. Most doctors misdiagnose sports injuries quite commonly. A chiropractor may be a good place to start. An ART specialist might be something to look into. Also, I know you may be dieting, but now is the time to increase your calorie intake. During injuries, your body needs more calories to help you heal. I know its a bum deal, but be smart about it.

--------------
Pain is only temporary, it is in your mind. If you can still walk, then you can still run.

============
Quoting from 7707mutt:
============
resultset_first resultset_previous 1 2 3 of 3 pages resultset_next resultset_last