Group: I am overweight or obese

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 381, Messages: 6449

Being overweight is a common trait these days and there is not enough help out there. Find out how you can shed those pounds and improve yourself from within.

Join group

Gaining weight... when you want to loose

2006/03/21, 07:05 PM
:( Hi! I am new in the forum. I started my program 2 weeks ago. I feel great but I noticed my clothes were tighter. It has happened to me in the past, I gain volume very easily.
Now again, I gained weight in 2 weeks and "everything" is bigger, in shape but bigger.
My intention is to loose weight and "look" smaller, I do not want to be so big.
I have a balanced diet, I could only "eliminate" 3 slices of whole wheat bread I eat every day, I do not like cakes or sugar so I do not know what to change.

May be I am using too much weight.....:dumbbell:

I started with 160 pounds with a goal of getting 138 and now I am 163.

I would appreciate your advice.
LukasRL
LukasRL
United States
2006/03/22, 02:10 AM
Hey gbr please fill out your profile so we can help you better.

things that could help
1. The calorie counter on here is off by quite a bit... so dont use that... instead search how to calculate in the fit buddy at the bottom of the page. Find out what your matinance cal level is and make a reduction about 500 cal every 2-3 weeks. (I think thats right someone correct me if im wrong.)

2. Learn about HIIT, this also you can search in the fit buddy.

3. Remember that muscle weighs more then fat so you may just be gaining muscle.

4. Try to get in 1 gram of protien per lb in a day

5. drink about a gallon to 1.5 gallons of water a day.

6. try to space out your meals 5-8 times a day. Sounds difficult but really isnt. And eat mostly whole foods. Hope this helps. and welcome to FT.

--------------
There are always two choices, two paths to take. One is easy and short and one is hard and long. The only satisfaction one can get out of the first is that it was easy, and many people have gone this way. Even the greatest journy begins with a single step, and to take the path less taken gives awsome bragging rights. Moral of this story, The main cause for failure and unhappiness is trading what you want most for what you want at the moment.
Mojo_67
Mojo_67
United States
2006/03/22, 03:19 PM
Yeah, a little more info would be helpful, the profile would help some. What's your daily diet look like exactly? That's where your going to lose the weight.

--------------
Hungry and mean!
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2006/03/23, 08:16 AM
gbr,
I am guessing you are female..?

Weight loss is a funny thing. You need to give your body some time to adjust to the changes and trust that it isn't a fluke.

What is a dailt menu for you, typically?

You are probably not lifting too heavy - in fact, that is where you will get results.

Many women fear 'bulking up'. What I have seen is that often your muscles get fuller and more 'pumped' looking, but if you haven't lost fat yet you feel bulkier and bigger. This is when you need to focus on your goals and make sure your food plan is right on target and push through to the next level. have faith that your program will work and keep going!

Let us know what your eating plan is and what your workout routine is and we may be able to help you.

--------------

If you have a strong enough why you can bear almost any how.
- Nietzsche
2006/03/24, 04:58 PM
Thank you for all your answers.
I have just wrote my profile, and just doing that helped me to see some mistakes.

LukasRL, you are completely right about water! I may have 2-3 glasses a day...... that will change!

As you see, I am used to have a big meal just after going to sleep.... that will be hard to change as I grew up doing so and when I come back from the gym I AM HUNGRY!!!!

Asimmer, I read your profile but I could not find out in what time you went from your before to that amazing form. Could you tell me?
I will follow your advise and carry on with my weighing.

Do you think I should weight regularly? How often?

Thank you again. I am a bit lazy to answer but will try to keep in touch.

Mojo_67
Mojo_67
United States
2006/03/24, 05:25 PM
Having the late meal isn't as bad as you think in your case. Like you said, it's after returning from the gym, you need a solid meal. The rest of your diet may be a little light from what I read in your profile. Your diet is where your going to drop the weight and it needs a little tweeking. I wouldn't go crazy weighing myself everyday, once a week maybe. It'll be 3 or 4 before you start seeing regular results. Amy is very knowledgable, taking her advice is a great start. Good luck and welcome to FT!!!

--------------
Hungry and mean!