Group: I am overweight or obese

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 381, Messages: 6449

Being overweight is a common trait these days and there is not enough help out there. Find out how you can shed those pounds and improve yourself from within.

Join group

Gaining vs. Losing

hypermango
hypermango
United States
2006/05/20, 09:03 PM
I'm new to FT, but after reading some of the posts, remembered a conversation I had with a track star at my university last summer. We were working in the organic gardens, and it was hot and muggy, and fire ants had feasted on my feet and ankles--and so I smeared mud all over my feet, ankles, and legs. Most of the folks were complaining and whining, and this fellow and I are laughing and chatting about how to make being muddy a good thing. We decided that it takes just as much energy to be miserable as it takes to be happy. He said that so many of the kids on the track team complain about the training and workouts, but that he is glad to feel the burn, have the sweat pouring from his body because it reminds him that he is alive, that he is gaining positive experiences. Thanks for reminding me that I need to stay positive!
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2006/05/22, 11:41 AM
It definitely takes more energy to be miserable/hate/moan and groan, etc. Apply that energy toward positive, and you will be all the better for it. Nice post..people need to think of these things more often.

--------------
Maximus from Gladiator....Strength and Honor!