Group: Women's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 525, Messages: 10844

A place for women to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

Funny stories for our moms-2-b

KC_72
KC_72
United States
2006/08/23, 10:29 AM
I see we have some new mommies to be...having that first(or second or third...)baby is so exciting...and so scarey!When I had my first I was thousands of miles away from my family and friends and would have really appreciated hearing other Moms stories about their pregnancies to put my mind at ease.So I thought I would start a thread of stories for the new mommies for some comic relief from the stress of having those babies.If you like please add your own...

As I said my husband and I were on our own with our first baby.One night about a week before my due date I woke up in the middle of the night with a terrible pain in my side.I didn't THINK I was in labor,but I wasn't sure so my husband took me to the hospital.The nurse on duty that night was not happy to see me...she hooked me up to all the machines and told me in a very nasty tone that I was not in labor...why was I there.I told her the pain was terrible if I wasn't in labor what was it...she said all she cared about was I wasn't in labor and I should go home.I was terribly embarrassed,so I went home doubled over in pain.The pain didn't go away and a few days later a new pain arrived that made the original idea of pain seem silly.I didn't want to go to the hospital though...I was terrified of seeing that nurse again.My husband put me in the car after hours of argueing...then we sat in the hospital parking lot for another hour or so.Finally he convinced me to go inside...they hooked me all up to the machines again and I cried with relief when they told me I was indeed in labor.After my daughter was born I still had the terrible pain in my side,they took me for X-rays...my precious little girl had kicked me so hard in the rib she cracked it.We were considering calling her Pele(after the soccer player)but went with Miranda instead!
Lonegirl
Lonegirl
Canada
2006/08/26, 06:17 AM
It's slways unfortunate when people don't want to have to do their job and look at you like you know nothing....no you weren't in labour but obviously something was causing you pain....lol enrole her in martial arts....thanks goodness I have a midwife who understands that first time moms may be a bit more paranoid and sensitive to pain having not gone through it before. :)
CristalBelle
CristalBelle
United States
2006/08/29, 12:24 PM
Had a first last week. I was laying on our bed, and my darling hubby comes up and says "You are deffinately pregnant. I can see your belly button." Not weird for some, but I have....an odd shaped torso....if I was thin, I would have a VERY hourglass figure with a tiny tiny waist. But I'm not thin, and I have an indent where my waist would be that hides my button even laying down. I put my hand on my tummy, and sure enough...I really do have a belly button!! 2 days later...my first pair of maternity jeans was purchased lol :big_smile:
KC_72
KC_72
United States
2006/08/29, 01:15 PM
Hehe...that's cute!!!....now wait till that sucker pops out!!!