Group: Women's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 525, Messages: 10844

A place for women to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

Finished my first workout-Yay me!

txnmom
txnmom
United States
2006/11/20, 06:02 PM
I am a little excited here because I finished my first workout.
I feel really good.
Today I did:
Machine press-20/12/11/10
One arm cross cable-20/16/15/14
Crunches: 3 sets of 30
Leg raises: 3 sets of 30
Oblique Crunches: 3 sets of 20 (my lower back was hurting bad so I dropped it to 20)
DB rows:4 sets of 12
Pull downs: 3 sets of 12
Incline DB curls: 3 sets of 12
concentration curls: 3 sets of 12

Can someone tell me what Shrugs and Hyperextensions are?
I would like to complete everything on my list today.

Nutrition:
1 flax muffin, 2 eggs and 3 strawberries
1 Dannon light and fit yogurt
1/2 cup romaine with brocoli and 2 oz. of chicken breast, vinegar and olive oil to dress (1tblsp. of the oil)
1/2 of a med. apple with 1 tblsp. of natural sugar free peanut butter.
1 low carb low fat high fiber tortilla with 1 oz. of chicken breast and romaine bell peppers and horseraddish sauce.
Dinner will be a salmon filet with sauteed green beans, peppers, squash and spinach.

Did I do o.k.?
Let's see your input, c'mon guys.
Oh, but be gentle. :)

Txnmom
txnmom
txnmom
United States
2006/11/20, 07:44 PM
Oops! I forgot to include that I also did 30 mins on my treadmill. Nothing too harsh but walked at 4.0mph upto a speed walk of 4.5 about half way into the walk.
SFGiantsMVP
SFGiantsMVP
United States
2006/11/20, 08:46 PM
If you lower back is hurting real bad then your forum is bad and your not locking into a neutral position with your back, your going to get hurt real bad!

I know because I did it over a year ago and still recovering!
KC_72
KC_72
United States
2006/11/20, 09:04 PM
For shrugs i hold a BB and shrug...like if you were sayin' i dunno type of thing...hyperextentions i do supermans...lay on the floor on your tummy and lift your legs and arms up towards the ceiling at the same time...like superman flying...but you can also google these exercises...nice work tex!!:)

oh...and the leg raises get me as well...try and shorten your range of motion...keep the small curve in your back..until you get stronger..
txnmom
txnmom
United States
2006/11/20, 10:19 PM
Thanks SFGiantsMVP,
I knew something was wrong.....I have been doing crunches like that for a very long time. I'd say a good 5 years (you know....when I would actually get to do them) and have had problems with my back probably since I started .
Can you give me more of an idea of how to have perfect form while doing the crunches?

K.C.,
Thank you for the "Nice work!!". I needed to hear that.
I love working out when I know I have to. And feel like this is oneof the reasons when I actually have to. Knowing that you all are here and looking at my posts, I feel obligated but so much in a good way.
I love doing the hypertensions. I had no idea what it was called before, but I do it when I do pilates.
K.C., What do you mean exactly when you say shorten your range on the leg lifts? Do you mean bend at the knee a little or don't lift as high?
Legs lifts are something that I do every night beofre bedtime while laying in my bed. I do them so many different ways and love it when I find ways that burn. I love the burn.
I felt it when I was doing the so called crunches that I thought were right. I wanted to keep going but, then stayed with my reps and counts.

I hope my food intake was appropriate, I know how to eat and eat well, but when you are working out I know it's different.
Tomororw I will have more carbs, and the next day I bring them down a little bit. Not much though.
SFGiantsMVP
SFGiantsMVP
United States
2006/11/21, 02:01 AM
It's hard to type out but if your new to a gym any trainer will be glade to show you!
mikencharleston
mikencharleston
United States
2006/11/21, 07:12 AM
txnmom - here's a fair depiction of how to do crunches.

http://www.ehow.com/how_3191_abdominal-crunch.html
txnmom
txnmom
United States
2006/11/21, 09:29 AM
I never thought of googling the crunch.
Thanks mikencharleston! :)
msmogreen
msmogreen
United States
2006/11/21, 11:46 PM
Congratulations, txnmom! Doesn't it feel good? Don't forget to record the weights you're using so you can track your progress.
txnmom
txnmom
United States
2006/11/22, 12:45 AM
Thanks msmogreen!
I am a little late recording things today.
I did everything on my to do list, but had a minor accident in the kitchen today.
I ran the dishwasher (I never use it for dishes) so that it would stay fresh this week due to the Thanksgiving holiday on Thursday and it leaked everywhere. I was cleaning this mess up for hours. I called maintenance men to clean the rest because I was just so tired of cleaning the mess myself.
Now it's cleaned and I am pooped. But I checked everything off as I went and wrote the weights I used.

By the way.......My arms feel like rubber. I guess that's good.
I just smile everytime I reach for something in pain because I know it's all well worth it in the long run.
:)