Group: General Fitness & Exercise

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 379, Messages: 54577

Various general exercise related discussions. Find out what it takes to reach your fitness goals through daily effective exercise. With so many options we try to find out what works best.

Join group

fat loss carb cycle please critique!!!

mtrain4
mtrain4
United States
2009/04/12, 10:59 PM
hello, i was wondering if all you experts could please give a quick glance to my training/diet and answer a few questions. i would so appreciate it. my goal is typical, to lose as much body fat as fast as possible as i can, while still retaining as much muscle mass as i possibly can. i am a 24 year old female and have a solid and pretty built, with a very good amount of muscle but i have some body fat i need to lose before i can be in the lean category. i am 5'9, about 175 pounds, bf uncertain probably around 25 (i'd like to get back down to 145 and leaner) and or lose about (last time i calculated) 45 pounds of body fat to be "lean".

i am currently (just started and only being doing for a week so far) doing the following for training:
mon- shoulders, traps, abs
tues- biceps, triceps
wed- quads, hams, calves, forearms
thurs- rest
fri- chest, abs
sat- back, forearms
sun- rest

i am not burned out doing this and seem to keep my strength levels up as long as i don't miss workouts.

as for cardio, i had taken a long time off without doing it....long time...so i have been doing it a few times a week for 30-45 min to "get back in to it"...in the past, i have always had to include a fairly good amount of cardio in in order to lose and bodyfat, speed metabolism, etc...my day job is in an office 7-3:30 pm so i do not move around much all day, except for when i weight train, so i have decided i will need more cardio to make up for the sitting all day, and i will do either 30-45 min in the morning pre-breakfast, and later in my training bump that up to an hour in the morning (after about a month of 45 min in the morning) and maybe after that add a few extra second sessions on some days as well...(increasing cardio as the diet progresses) ...also, i will always do at least an hour of cario on my non-weight training days since i will be missing out on that training session....cardio is 45 min is mon-wed.; 1 hour thursday w/no weights; fri-sat 45 min; and 1 hour on sunday w/ no weights....for now, to increase later....

i do it on an empty stomach having taken either ON BCAA power, or Growth Factor amino power to save muscle (as well as 2-3 more servings throughout the day around my workouts especially).

supplements:

creatine- 10 grams a day
glutamine- 10-20 grams a day
pre-cario fat burner- Drenilean- 1 cap
fish oil omega 3 caps- 9 grams a day (3 sevings of 3 grams/day)
and i will be getting a prohormone soon since i have taken those 3 times before but not since 1 year ago, and i like how they help me as well.
i will be including ala and cla soon as well as well as a few other things i am waiting to buy in a few weeks.

ok. here's my question about how to "cycle" my carbs....

i am doing 4 days low and 1 day high (have done 3 days but i don't burn fat or muscle too easy, so i decided to do 4 days low). low days are about 10 calories per pound but end up having about 1,670- 1,740 calories per day on my "low days" with about 230-250 grams protein (about 1.25grams per pound), (.5 grams of carbs per pound) 83-99 grams of carbs, and 40-45 grams of fat per day. a note on the carbs, that is TOTAL carb for the day, not just complex carbs, and included veggies. diet is very clean. no sugar, no junk, no man made anything. typical day on low cal looks like this, i eat these things throughout the day: 1 cup egg whites, 1/4 cup oats, i whole egg, whey protein, 1/2 tblsp nat. peanut butter or 10 almonds, tuna, broccoli, chicken breast, 1 cup green beans, whey protein, asparagus, banana, tilapia or salmon, green beans, tuna, veggie....

i mix and match when i eat them, but they add up to what i posted above at the end of the day. i do drink 2 or sometimes 3 50 gram whey protein shakes to help save money/get the protein count up, and i eat a 6 oz banana with 50 grams carbs post workout, and 1/4 cup oats post morning cardio and the rest of the carbs in the total come from veggies or trace carbs in protein shakes. sometimes i have 2 sevings of chicken and 1 less shake. i always eat 6 meals a day. i weight train at 3:45 pm so i have the post workout carbs when i get home at about 4:45-5pm along with a shake, and then eat my last meal 1 hour or so after that....i don't eat any cards durning the day except the oats after the morning cardio, so no carbs preworkout wither because i can't fit any more carbs in to my daily diet, but i had the breakfast ones and i have postworkout carbs. is this ok? also, is there something better than a babana to eat after i workout? thanks a lot! :)

high days are about 2,400 or 500 calories, same protein count. about the same fat or a little lower count, and carbs no higher than 2 grams per pound of weight. usually about 300 and i fill in the calories with sweet potatoes mostly, and black, pinto, etc beans oats, oat bran.

how does this sound so far? i am also unsure of the way i am cycling low/high, could i burn more fat if i only have 1 high day a week? say on sundays? say, 6 low/1 highj, or maybe even 1 cheat meal a week instead of high days? my high days are very clean though. no junk ever. maybe a ww bagel for breakfast but thats it. or do you think i am fine and can continue with this program, and then "progress" to the 6 low/1 high, or would switching now help me lose more bodyfat now (keeping muscle), or am i fine with 4 low/1 high

i would really appreicte any feedback on this as i want to be as productive as possible for my time.

any other suggestions on what else to include to help me keep mucle is greatly appreciated as well and thanks so much for taking the time to read and help out a fell fitness fan! :):dumbbell: