Group: I am overweight or obese

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 381, Messages: 6449

Being overweight is a common trait these days and there is not enough help out there. Find out how you can shed those pounds and improve yourself from within.

Join group

Fat loss

riz1001
riz1001
Canada
2006/10/12, 06:42 PM
Hello, i am approx 6'0 and 163lbs, i bought a bmi scale and it has been telling me that i have sometimes between 23%-25% bodyfat. i have some stomach fat that i would like to get rid of, my question is, is my bmi badd for my stature, and also i have 3monts before i apply to the police force, is it possible to loose that belly fat in that amount of time?
yadmit
yadmit
Canada
2006/10/13, 12:44 AM
Hey, riz...

No need to post the same question multiple times. Welcome to FT.

First, fill out your profile.

Second, yes, you can lose belly fat in three months, but you cannot spot reduce, so this will be a matter of diet combined with exercise.

Third, ditch the scale. Well, at least don't fall victim to it. BMI and Body Fat are two totally different things. BMI is a height to weight ratio which can be out. If you're tall and loaded with muscle, your BMI might come out as high while your Body Fat may come out as low. According to www.caloriesperhour.com your BMI is normal.

BMI
Below 18.5 - Underweight
18.5-24.9 - Normal Weight
25-29.9 - Overweight
30-39.9 - Obese
Above 39.9 - Morbidly Obese

According to this site, you are Moderately Overweight

http://www.freetrainers.com/FT/jsp/pro/calc_bodyfat.jsp

Do some looking around on the site... read a bunch of the posts, especially in the Diet Forum.

And one last thing in regards to the scale, those, I believe, typically read high.

t

--------------
I am training for birthdays.

Be here. Live. Love. Hope. Now. Faith. Believe. You. - Keith Urban

They always say time changes things, but you actually have to change them yourself. - Andy Warhol

bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2006/10/13, 02:43 PM
Unfortunately, belly fat for man or woman is typically difficult to lose to the extent that you want abs showing. Your best progress will be made between the 15-10% bf range. After that, hormones go a bit whacky, and the longer you go, the worse it gets.

You will see nice changes at your bf relatively quickly with proper diet and add in of course energy expenditure. Remember, diet is key, but both combined will yeild maximum results.

--------------
Maximus from Gladiator....Strength and Honor!