Group: General Diet & Nutrition

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 399, Messages: 16719

With such a topic so broad we truly try to cover the basics from all angles in this group. Nothing too big or too small. Nutrition is as significant if not more as exercise is to reaching your goals so learn all you can.

Join group

Exercise and Congenital Heart Defects

vincelee
vincelee
United States
2008/04/21, 07:07 PM
Hello all,
I am a 37 year old male with congenital heart defect. I have been exercising for many years but I want to make it to the next level; six-pack abs and a lean body like Bruce Lee, not a body builder. My limitations (per cardiologist) is to not lift so heavy to where I have to grunt in order to make it happen and I should keep my reps high and not as low as 2-8. I am 5'6" and 135lbs. My o2(oxygen) saturation is at 91% and I can do 30-45 minute cardios and weights. However, I don't know what is my max heart rate because I'm a bit nervous about testing that out for obvious reasons My energy level is high and I am in pretty stable health in general.

So, how should I test my max heart rate or should I? What kind of diet should I follow? How many days per week should I exercise for quickest results?

Thank you in advance for anyone who responds!

--------------
\\"Don\\'t take life to serious, it isn\\'t permanent.\\"
Carivan
Carivan
Canada
2008/04/21, 10:59 PM
Please don't double post.

--------------
Patience, persistence and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success.

Ivan (GO HABS GO!)

Montreal Canada (City of Festivals)