Group: General Diet & Nutrition

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 399, Messages: 16719

With such a topic so broad we truly try to cover the basics from all angles in this group. Nothing too big or too small. Nutrition is as significant if not more as exercise is to reaching your goals so learn all you can.

Join group

Estimate Body Fat %?

Zipsfb
Zipsfb
United States
2008/02/22, 02:01 PM
I'm 6'1.5" and am roughly 185lbs. My picture is on my profile. I know it's inconvenient to look over at it, but it's the quickest/easiest way to post a decent picture online.

I really appreciate your help. Any tips or suggestions on what I need to do or how to cut my percentage lower is VERY appreciated! I do a lot of pullups and I'm currently trying to bulk my chest... it's really strong (bench 200lb 13 times yesterday) but doesn't look very big. I'm also working on my legs.
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2008/02/22, 02:20 PM
Yep - work your legs, that will spur the most growth. heavy squats and deadlifts. Sounds like you are doing good compound movements.

What is your diet like? First look to your calories and then your macro ratios. Once you have all that figured out you may have to add in a little cardio, but most guys can save that as a last hat trick to pull out once they have plateaued with their diet.

--------------
Argue for your limitations, and sure enough, they\'re yours.
Richard Bach

Zipsfb
Zipsfb
United States
2008/02/22, 02:34 PM
Because I'm a vegetarian I eat a lot of soup, salads, and granola. To get my protein I drink several shakes a day and eat protein bars a couple times a day. I like falafel and veggie burgers.

I lose weight REALLY fast when I train. Right now I do about 30 minutes of cardio at the gym before hitting the weights, and then I do more circuit training and super sets (e.g. bench press with push-ups in between sets). I walk a lot in my day as well... on average about 4 to 6 miles a day.

I have no clue what my body fat % is though. I have ab definition, good calves, and great back definition but my quads look horrible and my arms aren't too cut.

Online calculators are little help, telling me anywhere from 10% to 14.5%.