Group: General Fitness & Exercise

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 379, Messages: 54577

Various general exercise related discussions. Find out what it takes to reach your fitness goals through daily effective exercise. With so many options we try to find out what works best.

Join group

Eliminate a beer belly...

senor
senor
United States
2009/03/13, 11:50 PM
I know spot reduction doesn't exist, but are there any methods to better eliminate a spare tire. I'm hoping to do so in time for summer.
2009/03/14, 12:42 AM
member since 2003? You know the answer already. Push backs....from the table. count calories ...eat cleaner and eat less.there are no tricks or short cuts. You're just yankin us , right?

--------------
I would have a million dollars now if only I had only followed CNBCs advice...and I had started with a hundred million dollars.

Charlie
senor
senor
United States
2009/03/15, 09:16 PM
Nicely put. You're right, I def. know. But every year there seems to be a more effective approach discovered through science.

Example- used to be just cardio. Then it was cross training. Then HIIT. Then HIIT on an empty stomach. Then HIIT not on an empty stomach, but in the morning. Then mixed forms of cardio. Then it was discovered that working the muscles in an area do help speed the fat catabolism from the area (i.e,. ab work and cardio).

Just seeing if the new one is in yet.
yadmit
yadmit
Canada
2009/03/15, 11:11 PM
hahaha..!

Well, the one constant is this:

Lift heavy things, be active and eat well.

That being said, everyone is different.. if HIIT on an empty stomach works for you, great! If not, eat.

It's a lot of trial and error sometimes.

t

--------------
I see the words you are typing, but all I read is *click*click*click*

Fat loss isn?t under the control of the magic fat loss fairies. - Alwyn Cosgrove