Group: Women's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 525, Messages: 10844

A place for women to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

DO YOU WANT TO WORKOUT

fatgirlsrule
fatgirlsrule
United States
2008/04/28, 09:30 PM
HI LADIES I AM LOOKING FOR A GROUP OF PEOPLE TO WORKOUT WITH AND HAVE SOME POSITIVE MOTATION AND SOME FUN. IM IN THE CHICAGOLAND AREA LOOKING TO GET TOGATHER WITH SOME PEOPLE THAT ARE SERIOUS ABOUT THE CHANGES THAT ARE NEEDED TO BE MADE. SO FAR I HAVE LOSS AROUND 70 POUNDS IN THE LONG SEVEN MONTHS. SO HIT ME UP AND WE CAN CHAT AND SEE IF WE ARE ON THE SAME PAGE. I AM PERSON THAT HAS CHANGED ALOT OF THINGS IN MY LIFE. :big_smile: LOOKING FOR SOME MORE SUPPORT :big_smile:
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2008/04/29, 08:11 AM
Congrats on the 70 pound loss so far !!! I hope you find some like-minded people!:)
fatgirlsrule
fatgirlsrule
United States
2008/05/03, 11:32 AM

thank you its been a hard six months and its getting harder for me.
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2008/05/04, 09:05 AM
Keep it up - if it is getting harder it means you may ned to switch up your routine - add in a few minutes each day or add in some bursts of speed walking to your walks, tighten up/clean up your eating a little.

I had a few ideas of where you could form a weight loss group :

- one was to look up TOPS in your area - it stands for Taking Off Pounds Sensibly and is a very low or no cost weight loss support group here, I am not sure if it is around the country or not.

- check your local church bulletin board, if they don't have a weight loss or walking club, put up a notice offering to start one.

- check your local YWCA or YMCA - they may be able to direct you to a local weight loss or fitness oriented group. Sometimes they even have groups that get together for coffee and discussion - you could ask about starting a weight loss support group.

-You could try and set up a time here for a weight loss support group chat. Maybe post athread in the Overweight forum or here with some possible times and what day of the week you are considering and see what response you get.

-Check the Biggest Loser webiste - I don't know if they have city by city listings - but it is probably a great place to meet like-minded people who need support and will give support for the same types of goals you have.

Don't Give up ! And feel free to IM me here anytime.

--------------
Argue for your limitations, and sure enough, they\'re yours.
Richard Bach

asimmer
asimmer
United States
2008/05/04, 09:08 AM
http://www.tops.org/

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=Chicagoland+area+weight+loss+support+group&btnG=Search
amyksmith76
amyksmith76
United States
2008/05/04, 09:39 AM
Great ideas Amy.
And rule, so proud to see you are still on your path to fitness. Keep up the great work!