Group: General Diet & Nutrition

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 399, Messages: 16719

With such a topic so broad we truly try to cover the basics from all angles in this group. Nothing too big or too small. Nutrition is as significant if not more as exercise is to reaching your goals so learn all you can.

Join group

difference in clothes, but not the scale

sara9683
sara9683
United States
2007/04/15, 08:49 PM
Well in the past few weeks, I've somehow managed to drop a size in jeans. I tried on an old belt today that has never fit in my life (came w/ a pair of pants...the pants fit the belt didn't). I was able to fasten it to the second notch. However, the scale has yet to move. That's where I get a bit discouraged. I dunno if my weight is just shifting, or if I'm building a little muscle. I wish I could lose something though.

I've been getting busier w/ work and school lately. Hopefully in the next few weeks I'll be able to get back into a routine again. The exercise kinda slipped this week (except for the walking I do from work).
yadmit
yadmit
Canada
2007/04/15, 09:14 PM
Throw out the scale. Well, don't throw it out... just don't use it as much.

A better sign is that the clothes fit different. You could be adding some muscle and losing weight from different spots.

Don't fall victim to the scale.

t

--------------
I see the words you are typing, but all I read is *click*click*click*

- One should not lift like a man or a woman, lift like a human.
msmogreen
msmogreen
United States
2007/04/15, 09:17 PM
You dropped a size in jeans without losing weight--most likely that means you added muscle and dropped fat! That's what you want...and it means you're on the right track. Losing inches means so much more than losing pounds! My weight fluctuates up and down three pounds from day to day--if I relied on the scale as my gauge I'd be loony by now.
Reddy
Reddy
United States
2007/04/18, 12:57 PM
Don't feel bad - I'm doing the same thing
isn't it great to fit into a smaller size??

--------------
Reddy

All people smile in the same language