Group: General Diet & Nutrition

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 399, Messages: 16719

With such a topic so broad we truly try to cover the basics from all angles in this group. Nothing too big or too small. Nutrition is as significant if not more as exercise is to reaching your goals so learn all you can.

Join group

Diet

marblez
marblez
Canada
2007/01/13, 09:51 PM
I don't know what I'm going to do when I'm not home to cook!!! I do office work for 12 hour shifts (luckily with 1.5hr break for workout). I really recommend the jambalaya in a slow cooker! According to this website i need to eat 1900 calories per day, I'm trying to think of a "Meal #6" to up it??

Meal 1 - 1 yogurt and half an apple (I have a really hard time forcing myself to eat when I wake up)

Meal 2 - Flax tortilla wrap with bbq sauce, franks hot sauce, 1 slice low fat swiss cheese, 2 slice deli low-fat turkey, lots of romaine lettuce

Meal 3 - 1 flaxseed thin ricecake with peanut butter, glass of skim milk

Meal 4 - Homemade jambalaya (1.5 cups), brown rice, shrimp, red pepper, onion, garlic, chickpeas and chicken stock

Meal 5 - Omelette (2 egg white s& 1 whole egg), salsa and chicken strips (made from baked skinless thigh) & 1.5 cups of steamed green beans
SFGiantsMVP
SFGiantsMVP
United States
2007/01/13, 10:08 PM
Forget about a meal 6 and add more to meal 1 or 3.

I would definitely add more to meal 1.

I too hated to eat at wake up but I learn a good trick here at this site. I Drink it and this I have no problem doing. I add Oats, Milk, Protein Powder and Blueberries into a blender and I'm set.

You can ad Fish Oil to your diet ant increase calories there too.

--------------
Knock-Um Down & Keep-Um Down!