Group: I am overweight or obese

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 381, Messages: 6449

Being overweight is a common trait these days and there is not enough help out there. Find out how you can shed those pounds and improve yourself from within.

Join group

Daughter

Happy95
Happy95
United States
2009/10/12, 08:27 AM
O.k This is my second attempt to get help with my daughter. I have tried weight watcher, restricting what food is in the house, talking until I'm blue in the face. My Daughter has a eating disorder. She will be fourteen in Nov and wts 300 lbs at 5'6 she is morbidly obese. I have tried to get her to walk, dance, swim etc but she just don't want to move even if I go with her she will only walk about half a block. She simple will not exercise by herself. Most of the time if I exercise such dance dance revolution I will do 40 mins on fitness, she maybe will do two songs and then done. I just don't know what to do to help her if she will not help herself. My mom has wrote to Oprah etc, I don't understand why there is all this help for others and I can't seem to get anyone to help me!!!! I am laid off from work, my husband is barely working 30 hours and we have know insurance but we can't get any help through the state. I can't force her to help herself I really need some help here!!!!!
Carivan
Carivan
Canada
2009/10/12, 12:14 PM
Soory to hear about your dilemma.
Your last sentence gave you your own answer.
Your daughter has to want to be helped. If not, nothing will work for her or with her. Jus keep trying to set an example, and perhaps get some magazines and leave them around, even read them yourself.
You are only making her life more miserable by doing what you are doing and frustrating yourself. Sorry for your pain.

--------------
Patience, persistence and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success.

Ivan (GO HABS GO!)

Montreal Canada (City of Festivals)