Group: I am overweight or obese

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 381, Messages: 6449

Being overweight is a common trait these days and there is not enough help out there. Find out how you can shed those pounds and improve yourself from within.

Join group

CORTISOL

GOWAR
GOWAR
United States
2007/06/17, 12:40 AM
I'm 20 years old, and in the past 7 years I have been extremely active, and have even played football for a
division 1 university, but i have always had a gut, i think this because the past 10 years of my life have been extremely stressful, and cortisol has caused my midsection to be awful. I have strong abs and cor, but i mean there is alot of fat there. My dad is 50 years old and he just had to have triple bypass surgery, and he is only 5'3 135 lbs., and he had no gut, but very high stress.
I need some help, suggestions to get rid of this crap, so I dont have problems later in life. ????????
Vedakathryn
Vedakathryn
United States
2007/06/18, 07:52 PM
I would still take a hard look at your diet...if you are active enough, you will burn enough to tuck away the belly, but what many do (my husband likes to do this so I can share, lol), is figure he was very active in a day's work, and he does work that is physically challenging, then he figures he doesn't have to watch what he eats so much. You are young, but you still need to keep that diet in place to ensure you are getting enough energy from your foods -but the right foods. Maybe you are, but you didn't mention diet much here, so I am just taking a shot in the dark, but exercise isn't the only thing that contributes to health. Good luck to you!!

--------------
Veda

It is more important to know where you are going than to get there quickly. - Mabel Newcomber

Patience, persistence and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success. - Napoleon Hill
amyksmith76
amyksmith76
United States
2007/06/19, 10:05 AM
Great advice veda.
Gowar, you mention that you think that stress has a lot to do with your belly fat problem. Well, regardless of if stress causes your belly fat, or something else does, it would be excellent for your overall health to reduce your stress. You need to find a healthy outlet to relieve stress (like heavy drinking, JUST KIDDING!). I personally do yoga 3 times a week for just this purpose and it has helped my stress tremendously which has also helped keep me motivated to be healthy physically. I even convinced my hubby and my parents to join in, and they all agree that it's helped their stress level, and it is starting to reduce my step-dad's waist line. Don't worry, your football buddies never have to know! ha ha. ;)
GOWAR
GOWAR
United States
2007/06/19, 11:28 PM
both yallz advice is really good. Veda when I am up at school I eat a very clean diet, because I cook and shop for myself and I don't buy crap. But when I am at home i eat out pretty often but I still try to choose good choices, but i always eat a fattening dessert.
Since I have been 13 I have trained sooo hard, my outlet up until a year ago, was football, and now I really dont have one, I've tried to do somethings like other team sports but it's just not the same, I know i would have to find other things to do eventually but just not yet.
Sometimes I don't sleep that much too, or get as much as I need because i get cocky and say to myself " oh whatever I dont need sleep that much im tough" which is stupid but i do it.