Group: Women's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 525, Messages: 10844

A place for women to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

Confused girl

emmajaneh
emmajaneh
United Kingdom
2011/04/21, 11:34 AM
Hi all - I'm new here and desperately looking for some kind of guidance and advice about fat loss. I currently weigh 133lbs at 5'2'' and have a body fat percentage of around 30%, I'd like to get down to around 112lbs if possible - I'm an hour glass shape but I've , disproportionately lost weight so I look like a classic pear at the moment.
I carry a lot of fat on my lower body, around 37% fat last time it was assessed in January, but everybody assumes my thighs are muscular. Whatever I do though they seem to just get bigger.
I was following the Dukan diet whilst training for a 10k run and doing long bike rides, but found my thighs were getting larger (not what i want, i don't care if its lean muscle, i'm looking to reduce them to the size they were before I gained weight). I have now switched to a low-protein diet as thought this might be the cause of building muscle but I'm no nutritionist.
In the past I have tried less cardio - more weight lifting workouts and found my body fat did not change and my size increased, I have done HIIT training and my body fat actually increased - I've really hit the wall and I'm so confused about what to do now!
If anybody can give me any advice on diet/exercise or anything really I'd really appreciate it as I'm just so confused now and am getting quite desperate about my body and utter lack of confidence.
Thanks