Group: General Diet & Nutrition

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 399, Messages: 16719

With such a topic so broad we truly try to cover the basics from all angles in this group. Nothing too big or too small. Nutrition is as significant if not more as exercise is to reaching your goals so learn all you can.

Join group

combination work-outs

jmitch1023
jmitch1023
United States
2008/06/10, 03:13 PM
ok so i was playing around on the net (as per usual while at work) and found these exercises that seem kinda cool. one of them is to do squats with dumbbells, but then when you reach the top do an arnold...which i thought was kinda cool. others were like lunges but when you hit bottom do a hammer curl, so on and so forth...so my question is, are these really good work-outs...maybe for my rest days to do these with low weights or something? since i try to focus on one body part a day, these really wouldnt fit into my plan that well...but i think it would be great to include them somehow. any suggestions?
Philia2
Philia2
France
2008/06/22, 01:16 PM
Yes, you can do those exercises on your rest day. Then only use very light weights. This is also called active recovery.

--------------
- Nina -Les Victoires éternelles sont celles du coeur. New website: https://nina.courtyardmarket.com
www.free2bmore.com
ecle5c
ecle5c
United States
2008/06/23, 09:06 AM
My only issue with them is that you would be limited in how much weight you could use based on how much you could curl or shoulder press. I wouldn't think that you could get an adequate leg workout with such light weight....anyway, just my opinion.