Group: General Diet & Nutrition

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 399, Messages: 16719

With such a topic so broad we truly try to cover the basics from all angles in this group. Nothing too big or too small. Nutrition is as significant if not more as exercise is to reaching your goals so learn all you can.

Join group

Cardio+lower body workout

SReyes
SReyes
United States
2001/08/12, 01:22 PM
Hey, I'm 5'8 and weigh about 128 pounds and my bf% is between 14% & 16%. I've been an exercise-holic pretty much all of my life. I was one of the many that thought cardio was the only way to go to loose fat and tone up until about 1 1/2 years ago when I started lifting weights(not heavily though). I am mostly concerned with toning my lower body more so than the upper but am so wishy-washy about how to properly go about it.

I have submitted for a routine from freetrainers.com and will begin that next week. I guess my question is regarding cardio sessions. Mentally I can not give too much of that up because it helps me stay thin. I'm not looking to add much mass nor really bulk up just tone the muscles that I have. How many cardio sessions per week should I do? And what type of exercises would you recommend first to work on inner/outer thighs and hamstrings?
tt_rocker
tt_rocker
Saudi Arabia
2001/08/13, 03:43 AM

3 cardio sessions would be just fine...some would go 4 more or less but all that depends on how much fat they've accumulated and would like to see go away...the duration is pretty important and so is varying your cardio exercises. try 15 min on the treadmill and then 15 min on the bike for a month...later on try something else as cardio..

for inner/outer thighs, you can use the cable machine to work those muscles or the adductors/abductor machine which you may or may not have at your gym. Leg curls are great for hams and leg extensions is both easy and great for the quads.

hope you get this message
tootieb
tootieb
United States
2001/08/20, 09:45 AM
Lunges are the perfect excerise for toning your thighs. They hit just about every muscle. Stationary, walking, front lunges and back lunges. Try them for about a month and see the results.
merlinhog
merlinhog
United States
2001/08/21, 11:11 AM
I agree with the lunges. They are great. Riding the bike for twenty minutes also will give you that good tightness in your thighs and up into your butt and hips. Good luck.
the_w8lifter
the_w8lifter
United States
2001/08/23, 08:51 AM
Squat.......use the others as secondary exercises. Oh, by the way, did I mention.....Squat.