Group: I am overweight or obese

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 381, Messages: 6449

Being overweight is a common trait these days and there is not enough help out there. Find out how you can shed those pounds and improve yourself from within.

Join group

Carbs Carbs Carbs

2006/07/01, 02:47 PM
Does anybody have a general recommendation for carb content in their diet?
I'm 169 lbs trying to get down to 145. I can't cut them out because I can't function without them but the recommended 300 something seems like a lot?
Any suggestions? I know I need the energy but I do want to make sure I lose weight with all of these efforts as well.

Thanks!
Melissa
mysticgraces
mysticgraces
Canada
2006/07/02, 07:45 AM
Melissa

No one should cut carbs out of their diet..its used for brain function and energy.

300 may seem like alot,but it all depends on where you get it from..If you get the carbs from whole grains,fruits and vegtables,then you are OK as your body will convert these carbs into energy and wont be stored as fat..if you take them in in moderation.

2006/07/02, 03:18 PM

============
Quoting from mysticgraces:

Melissa

No one should cut carbs out of their diet..its used for brain function and energy.

300 may seem like alot,but it all depends on where you get it from..If you get the carbs from whole grains,fruits and vegtables,then you are OK as your body will convert these carbs into energy and wont be stored as fat..if you take them in in moderation.

=============
Thank you!!! I went grocery shopping today and picked up a lot of fruits and veggies. I will try to get my carbs from them instead of pastas/white bread.

Thanks!
Melissa:big_smile:
flyonthewall
flyonthewall
Canada
2006/07/04, 08:57 AM
Melissa, check out grocery list for healthy eating in the diet and nutrition forum (it is thumbtacked at the top). Healthy carbs should include veggies, whole grains (brown rice), and fibrous veggies like sweet potatoes. Fruit is a good source, but eat them in moderation due to the high surgar content.

Good Luck!