Group: I am overweight or obese

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 381, Messages: 6449

Being overweight is a common trait these days and there is not enough help out there. Find out how you can shed those pounds and improve yourself from within.

Join group

Can anybody relate????

akamom2
akamom2
United States
2006/08/07, 04:34 PM
I am a 34 year old mother of 2 beautiful daughters. I have a wonderful husband whom I have been to for 15 years. When I got married I was 5'4" and 135 lbs. Now I am 5'4" and 228 lbs. Pregnancy was not good to me. I have ZERO muscle tone (if I didn't have bones - I would be a puddle of jello)and the same amount of motivation towards exercise and diets.
I have finally taken the first steps towards a new lifestyle. It took going to the river and swimming then about dying from the muscle pain.
I should have done something about it long ago but it was easier to open another twinkie package than exercise.

yadmit
yadmit
Canada
2006/08/07, 05:41 PM
Welcome aboard!

I see by your profile you have a goal weight loss in mind. It is acheivable... but, you'll have to work at it. How long did you want it to take?

A healthy weight loss is about two to three pounds per week... you may lose more in the first couple of weeks, but that's about the average.

Pick a routine from FT.... do some research with Fit Buddy and read, ask questions and read some more!

t

--------------
I am training for birthdays.

Be here. Live. Love. Hope. Now. Faith. Believe. You. - Keith Urban

KC_72
KC_72
United States
2006/08/08, 11:23 AM
Hey mom....I can surely relate!!!Just get started TODAY!!!You don't have to do alot at first...just make sure you are doing more to increase your stamina by the week.Start with a 20 minute walk this week and cut out something simple from your diet...like no chips or sweets,or even something simple like no butter on your bread.Next week add something else to your "not gonna eat it list" and increase your time or speed in your walk.Let your body know you are in charge and you will be working it 4-5 times a week.Good luck and have fun...if you keep at it you will see results in time!!
padua
padua
United States
2006/08/08, 04:18 PM
There is always a point that we realize that something has to change. Over your years you have been made into a mother, wife and with that sometimes are body changes too. I am a mother of five and been married for 14 years, I have 60 pounds to loss. I joined a gym and I'm trying to improve myself so I can live longer for all of us.Good luck ,stay focus, and the reward will come.