Group: General Diet & Nutrition

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 399, Messages: 16719

With such a topic so broad we truly try to cover the basics from all angles in this group. Nothing too big or too small. Nutrition is as significant if not more as exercise is to reaching your goals so learn all you can.

Join group

BF% Question

SFGiantsMVP
SFGiantsMVP
United States
2008/01/19, 04:20 PM
I have never got myself down to 10% or 11% in a healthy way so I will ask this.

After about 2 years going 178 to 196 I want to bring down the BF as it's about 14% now!

I am using a base of BB1fits Diet Made Simple by carb cycling but the question I have is once I get to the desired BF I want and stop cycling will the BF go up again even with staying on maintenance with balanced macros?

Basically will I have to always cycle to maintain or is the cycling just used to trick the body to lower BF and once down it will stay down as long as I maintain a balanced diet?

--------------
Knock-Um Down & Keep-Um Down!
SFGiantsMVP
SFGiantsMVP
United States
2008/01/20, 12:55 AM
By the way that was purposeful gains as I was on a bulk form shedding down to damn skinny before!

--------------
Knock-Um Down & Keep-Um Down!
Olibobwa
Olibobwa
United States
2008/01/23, 02:03 AM
I could be wrong but I think that the carb cycling diet will take more energy to digest (thermogenics maybe), and the balanced macro's with more carbs will burn easier. Meaning that the type of diet will influence baseline metabolic needs...Like I said though I could be wrong.

Carbs produce insulin...Maintenance is maintenance. But all carbs are not produced equal...I don't know...Nobody's answered maybe this can shed some light on it for you..
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2008/01/30, 09:48 AM
Once you get down there, you will have to play with your calories al ittle too figure out maintainance levels. You can slightly increase and see how you do, if you start seeing fat appear, you can either increase cardio or decrease calories a little.
You never really get to a point where you can eat whatever you want and not fluctutae, but you will probably find a miantainence level that is comfortable and filling.