Group: General Diet & Nutrition

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 399, Messages: 16719

With such a topic so broad we truly try to cover the basics from all angles in this group. Nothing too big or too small. Nutrition is as significant if not more as exercise is to reaching your goals so learn all you can.

Join group

balancing diet and workout

jww23
jww23
United States
2007/09/06, 10:29 PM
someone help please.. ive looked and looked and cant find out how to balance.. im 5'6, 5'7 150 i want to lose weight(fat) and tone up... how much do i need to eat, what do i need to eat, quick and easy stuff because im in school, when to workout and do cardio, what kinds of cardio to do and how much.. if someone can help me it would be really awesome

--------------
If you always put limit on everything you do, physical or anything else. It will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them.
Bruce Lee

Pemdas
Pemdas
United States
2007/09/08, 08:19 PM
Dude at 5'7 I promise you that if you weigh 150 you don't need to lose weight. You need to start picking up heavy sH&t.
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2007/09/09, 08:58 AM
First of all, you are 15 - you still have some growth spurts to go through. Eat a wide variety of healthy foods - there is a great grocery list for healthy eating in the nutrition forum. If you go to myfoodpyramid.gov (I think) you can customize the food pyramid according to your age, activity levels, etc. That is a good starting point.

Are you in any sports? What type of exercise equipment do you have access to?

--------------
Permanence, perseverance and persistence in spite of all obstacles, discouragements, and impossibilities: It is this, that in all things distinguishes the strong soul from the weak.
Thomas Carlyle

jww23
jww23
United States
2007/09/09, 05:47 PM
i am in martial arts and train 2 times a week right now and i work which is pretty physical about 3 times a week and i have a bench,free weights, treadmills bikes, and a rowing machine thanks for the help

--------------
If you always put limit on everything you do, physical or anything else. It will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them.
Bruce Lee

asimmer
asimmer
United States
2007/09/09, 08:42 PM
Ok - go to the top of the screen and click on "exercise program" answer the questions about goals and equipment and the site will generate a workout plan for you :) Many people have had good results with the plans from this site.

Your martial arts counts as cardio or flexibility work, depending on if you are doing a lot of drills and keeping your heart rate up or not. Your work may or may not count, realy depends on what you are doing. loading trucks for UPS is very cardiovascular...

--------------
Permanence, perseverance and persistence in spite of all obstacles, discouragements, and impossibilities: It is this, that in all things distinguishes the strong soul from the weak.
Thomas Carlyle