Group: Women's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 525, Messages: 10844

A place for women to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

Any woman out there with a six pack?

rmedina78
rmedina78
United States
2005/04/23, 01:11 PM
I know it is harder for woman than men to get a six pack, but I work out at least five days a week. I do 30-40 mins of cardio and 45-60 mins of weight training. I eat a very strict diet of vegetables, fruit, and lean protein. I drink about a gallon of water a day and I stay away from sweets, junk food and anything processed. Even with all of that I still can not see my six pack!!! I am very frustrated and want to turn to supplements, but refuse because I don't believe they are healthy. What else can I do? Any advice from someone who has reached this goal of a six pack? Thank you!
2005/04/23, 07:28 PM
You say that you lift 45-60 minutes a day...but what type of work out do you do? I see women all the time doing 10lb dumbells for every exercise... time after time at my gym...I am not saying this is you...but to the most muscle from weight training you must use compound exercises and aim to increase poundage little by little every or every other workout(or reps up to a point)....otherwise your body adapts to the stress and you don't gain anything out of it....

even on exercises like crunches and sit ups....you have to increase difficulty of the exercise to see any new muscle growth....so use a decline bench....if that gets easy...(meaning u can do more than 20 reps)...hold a DB or a plate....or pull the bench to the cable station and use a rope attachment to do crunches sit ups using it....(or use a ball, medicine ball, do the exercise very slow or very explosively...etC)

also aim to hit your abs from different angles using bicycle kicks, twist, sit ups, crunches, leg raises, etc..and do these exercises with progressive difficulty increases...

also remember to do exercises like squats, deadlifts, dips, rows....they put a lot of stress on the core...which in turn helps you strengthen your abs...

I understand you eat clean diet...but that's not enough....you need to create a further caloric deficit...to lose weight/body fat....you can do this by decreasing your carb intake 100-300 calories at a time(25-75g a day less)...while try to continue or increase protein itnake slightly to be around 1-1.2g of protein per lb....
2005/04/23, 07:29 PM
45-60 minutes a session*
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2005/04/26, 11:44 AM
Menace is right - you need to increase the challenge to your body and reduce your calories (unless you are undereating and sabotaging your own efforts).
List a typical day's intake and what time you eat, also a workout session and the reps/weight. maybe we can help you fine tune your diet/workout to achieve that six pack.

--------------
Vitality shows not only in the ability to persist but the ability to start over. - F. Scott Fitzgerald
2005/04/27, 02:34 AM
Also remember to split up your food intake into more and more meals....to make your body use calories most efficiently....

every 1-2 hours...8+ meals a day....
groovergrl23
groovergrl23
United States
2005/06/10, 07:02 PM
what happens if she adds weights to her ankles for some of the stomach exercises...wow I give you props for being so stict with your diet. I start to see a 4 pack it's the bottom half I have the most problem with. Once i let it go it goes pretty fast. The top part seems easier to get into condition
anna_6pack_abs
anna_6pack_abs
United States
2005/08/17, 02:40 PM
i'm a girl, age 15, and i've had a sixpack since about age 12 - it's normal for girls from about 10-16 years old to have sixpacks.. i see girls from years below at swimming with sixpack abs. we went to the beach with our class a year ago and over half the girls had sixpacks, but only about 2 boys did.. i am pretty thin and i do a fair bit of situps every day and also jogging and i have very little body fat. they say that they tend to disappear at about age 17. but i heard it's not nice for women to have sixpacks - it's for the men!
kenny_wtf
kenny_wtf
United Kingdom
2005/09/15, 01:22 PM
women with six packs? not very attractive
Trapezius
Trapezius
Australia
2005/12/16, 04:00 AM
Message deleted by moderator due to unsuitable content for this board.
JaneyW
JaneyW
United States
2008/08/12, 10:35 PM

whats not attrictive about a girl with a six pack mr. kenny?

--------------
Janey Webbles