Group: Women's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 525, Messages: 10844

A place for women to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

Any older women in the house??

bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2006/07/25, 07:50 PM
According to a recent study conducted by the Wake Forest University Baptist Medical Center, moderate alcohol consumption among older women resulted in measurably higher levels of mental function compared to non-drinkers. Previous studies have connected moderate drinking with a reduction in the risk of dementia and cognitive decline among both sexes.

The study, published in a recent online issue of the journal Neuroepidemiology, winnowed its conclusions from data involving nearly 10,000 women aged 65 or older. These women were enrolled in either of two Women's Health Initiative studies -- the Memory Study or the Cognitive Aging Study. These national studies are designed to measure the ongoing effects of hormone therapy on dementia and cognitive function.

But a fringe benefit of all that data is the ability to analyze it for the effects of other factors, like alcohol consumption. And like I said earlier, healthy women over 65 who consumed 2 to 3 alcoholic drinks per day performed better on tests involving concentration, memory, language, and abstract reasoning -- with strongest benefits in the area of verbal function...

So I guess it must be true what they say about conversations running more smoothly when "lubricated."

--------------
Maximus from Gladiator....Strength and Honor!
KC_72
KC_72
United States
2006/07/26, 09:03 AM
I'm going to print this and bring it to my boss.If drinking will put me on the road to better performance in abstract reasoning...they will no doubt understand and even applaud the fact that I need a bottle of wine to get me through the shift.While working for these people abstract reasoning is a must!
georgiagirl
georgiagirl
United States
2006/07/26, 06:28 PM
huh that is interesting