Group: General Diet & Nutrition

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 399, Messages: 16719

With such a topic so broad we truly try to cover the basics from all angles in this group. Nothing too big or too small. Nutrition is as significant if not more as exercise is to reaching your goals so learn all you can.

Join group

anti-cellulite workout

crystal820
crystal820
United States
2007/02/18, 10:20 PM
Hey guys this is my first post. I just have a question for you! I would like some answers from people who have had personal experiece with my issue.I am pretty happy with my body as a whole. I was blessed with an hour glass figure and i stay thin,.. the only problem is i have cellulite in my thighs that i cannot stand!! I would give anything to get rid of it! Are there any special workouts i should do or any special diet i should be doing?? Any advice i could get is would be great!! Thanks so much!
SFGiantsMVP
SFGiantsMVP
United States
2007/02/18, 11:27 PM
Deadlifts, Long Lunges and a Powerlifter Style Squat.

Reason on the Powerlifter Style Squat is because it hit focus more so on your Butt and Hamstrings.

--------------
Knock-Um Down & Keep-Um Down!
msmogreen
msmogreen
United States
2007/02/19, 01:03 AM
Some of us are predisposed to have cellulite no matter how thin we are, but exercises that target your butt and hamstrings can make some difference. Stiff-legged deadlifts especially really target that area and may help diminish the appearance of your cellulite. I know I was hit with cellulite pretty much at puberty and have suffered with it ever since. I do think that in your case it is probably much more noticeable to you than to anyone else. You might just want to focus on working out to keep/develop lean muscle to keep the lovely shape you were born with and not fret too much over a little cellulite. It is not as unsightly as you imagine--but, yeah, I know we all like to focus on our flaws.
conan_0822
conan_0822
United States
2007/02/19, 02:39 PM
MVP, what are powerlifter style squats??

The reason I ask is that I have had issues with my hammys. On my sprint days they tend to want to tighten up no matter how much I stretch or warm-up. I was thinking I might want to try and strengthen them to eliminate that issue.
flyonthewall
flyonthewall
Canada
2007/02/19, 03:04 PM
I agree with the DL's lunges and squats. The more muscle you build, the more likely your cellulite will dissapear. It's a matter of putting some nice solid muscle where the soft squishy fat lies. It works!!
SFGiantsMVP
SFGiantsMVP
United States
2007/02/19, 04:22 PM
Wide Stance and seated back far so your knees are behind your toes.

When you see a guy doing them with a close stance and knees past the toes this is more quad dominant.

============
Quoting from conan_0822:

MVP, what are powerlifter style squats??

The reason I ask is that I have had issues with my hammys. On my sprint days they tend to want to tighten up no matter how much I stretch or warm-up. I was thinking I might want to try and strengthen them to eliminate that issue.
=============

--------------
Knock-Um Down & Keep-Um Down!
bigandrew
bigandrew
United States
2007/02/20, 12:02 PM
you can also put your legs higher up on the leg press...hitts the bum more...

--------------

Get your bicep curling, cut off shirt, matching workout outfit wearing,flexing in mirror "toned" wanna-be ass , out of my squat rack!

Don't talk to me, only thing that should be moving is the bar.
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2007/07/04, 09:08 AM
bump