Group: I am overweight or obese

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 381, Messages: 6449

Being overweight is a common trait these days and there is not enough help out there. Find out how you can shed those pounds and improve yourself from within.

Join group

am i doing it right???

Erin_123
Erin_123
Canada
2007/08/17, 07:00 AM
HI!!! i'm a 21 year old student and i currently weigh 220 lbs. at 5 foot 3. This is the heaviest i've ever been and i cant stand it..so i've decided to put myself on a student budget fitness plan....FREE! since i cant afford the gym.

i started just recently (almost 2 weeks)limiting myself to 2000 calorie days and climbing 20 flights of stairs...(i live in a highrise)

surprisingly i found that rather easy so i thought id try to go down to 1500 cal days and putting in more excersise.
the past few days i've been doing my regular 20 flights plus aprox 30 min of walking or running laps around the house lol.

i do situps as well although not everyday.

my longterm goal is to get to 150 lbs at least. Am i doing what i should be doing? is there anything im missing? or could be doing better?

thanks!
Erin
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2007/08/17, 08:17 AM
Hi Erin - you have a good mindset and a good start!

There is an at-home, no equipment workout here - go to the top of the screen and click on "Exercise Program" and follow the prompts, answer the questions, and it will generate a plan for resistance training without weights - resistance training will speed up your results by stimulating your muscles, boosting your metabolism and shaping your body:)

Don't drop your calories any lower, you may get a backlash effect if you go too low. 1,500 is the lowest you should probably go, and if your resulst slow down you might even add in a few calories.

What you eat is just as, if not more, important as how much. be sure you get plenty of fibwer from vegetables and whole grains. Eat plenty of lean protein, and drink plenty of water and no-cal beverages.

Keep it up - your goals are very doable!

--------------
Permanence, perseverance and persistence in spite of all obstacles, discouragements, and impossibilities: It is this, that in all things distinguishes the strong soul from the weak.
Thomas Carlyle

Erin_123
Erin_123
Canada
2007/08/19, 02:21 AM
thanx! i just went out today and bought one of those workout balls (not sure what they're called) the big ones that you sit on...and i bought a resistance cord kit for it...i used it for the first time today and i'm surprised that its really not that easy but it's definately a fun workout!

i have a hard time getting all my fruits and veggies in...im only eating about half as much as i should be...but i'm sure it'll be easier once i make it a habit.