Group: General Diet & Nutrition

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 399, Messages: 16719

With such a topic so broad we truly try to cover the basics from all angles in this group. Nothing too big or too small. Nutrition is as significant if not more as exercise is to reaching your goals so learn all you can.

Join group

A Better Me After Baby

CristalBelle
CristalBelle
United States
2007/02/07, 03:08 PM
So, 3 weeks after having my son, I have lost all the weight I gained during the pregnancy, and then 2lbs! I am excited to start working my butt off after my post partum check up, but was wondering if it would be alright for me to work on my arms with my dumbells beforehand(I still have 5 wks before that appt)

I am so excited to continue to lose weight, and with all the things in life finally going in the right direction, well, how can I fail?? I'm hoping for 10 more lbs off in the next 2-3 months. Woo Hoo!! :big_smile:
7707mutt
7707mutt
United States
2007/02/07, 03:35 PM
Good luck and try to not push it toomuch!

--------------
Curl Jockeys, get outta the squat rack!

I wish everyone would get a partial amnesia and never use 'tone' ever again. (thanks Menance)

7707mutt@freetrainers.com
CristalBelle
CristalBelle
United States
2007/02/07, 04:16 PM
Yeah. It would be so easy to go nuts and start doing everything RIGHT NOW!! But I know that wouldn't be smart. However, I feel like I should be doing something at least, and thought that using my dumbells doing basics wouldn't be bad. Hopefully it would give me more energy to compensate for not getting as much sleep. Coffee can only last so long after all. :)
leslieherr
leslieherr
United States
2007/02/08, 04:07 PM
I would call your doctor and ask him/her as they are most familiar with what you can and cannot do after pregnancy.
Here is something from dr spock...
Don't jump into a workout routine right away, it's usually best to wait until after your postpartum checkup (around six weeks after you give birth) to start. Your practitioner can examine you and give you the go-ahead when it's safe to begin an exercise program. That said, walking is an excellent form of exercise that you can begin as soon as you feel up to it.Congrats on the baby and losing your baby weight.

Congrats on the baby and losing your baby weight.
CristalBelle
CristalBelle
United States
2007/02/08, 04:16 PM
I am thinking that since the weather hasn't been too bad as of late, that we'll break out the stroller and start going for walks in the afternoon, and hold off on the weights until after my post partum check up.

I was shocked when I got on the scale and saw the 30lb difference. But what a motivator to keep the loss going!