Group: General Diet & Nutrition

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 399, Messages: 16719

With such a topic so broad we truly try to cover the basics from all angles in this group. Nothing too big or too small. Nutrition is as significant if not more as exercise is to reaching your goals so learn all you can.

Join group

9 pounds in four days...

sweetandpetite
sweetandpetite
Canada
2003/06/05, 01:44 PM
Well I just wanted to inform some people that I did take your posts into consideration, but I am trying them, and i've already lost 9 pounds... I started them on Monday, and I was weighed today by my PT and i've lost 9 pounds, 4 inches in my thighs and 1 inch around my hips...

But anyways, I haven't felt any side effects yet other than high energy... I feel great... and I think I should probably stop before something does happen... so thank you to all those who wrote something to me.

~Krystal~

jefado
jefado
United States
2003/06/05, 01:50 PM
Please be careful Krystal <smile> I don't think anyone here wants to see you hurt.
azredhead57
azredhead57
United States
2003/06/05, 05:11 PM
Right! What she ^ said. ;-)

--------------
~Victoria~
...Some things have to be believed to be seen!
sandysford
sandysford
United States
2003/06/05, 07:09 PM
BUMP!!!!! Although I do find this hard to believe, You must have been retaining alot of water. I feel a need to tell you that this type of weight loss is the kind that's comes back.

--------------
I will lift my own weight someday!!!!!

THE NATURAL WAY IS THE ONLY TRUE PATH TO SUCCESS, PRIDE, JOY, HAPPINESS, LONG TERM FULFILLMENT AND SELF-ESTEEM!
tarab21
tarab21
United States
2003/06/05, 11:31 PM
I still don't know why you want to lose weight... but since we've already told you what we think on your other posts and you've done the opposite I guess "each to their own"
sandysford
sandysford
United States
2003/06/05, 11:32 PM
Bump again!!!!!!

--------------
I will lift my own weight someday!!!!!

THE NATURAL WAY IS THE ONLY TRUE PATH TO SUCCESS, PRIDE, JOY, HAPPINESS, LONG TERM FULFILLMENT AND SELF-ESTEEM!
erirvine
erirvine
United Kingdom
2003/06/12, 02:40 AM
I don’t want to sound like I’m lecturing (I would have to charge for that ;o) ), but a little outside perspective might be useful it’s all to easy to get caught up in ones own mindset.

Firstly sorry to say but initial high weight loss is common for any restrictive diet due to the reduction in the abundant glucose levels as you restrict your calorific intake. Basically as the available energy is reduced the water needed to hold it in solution is also lost. The problems then start, this loss then normally makes people tired and irritable secondly it also cannot continue for very long. People get feed up at their progress coming to a stop, and either quit (and once the energy levels go up so dose the weight) or go down a even more damagingly restrictive cycle. There are also lots of other factors that may have contributed to give such a large short-term weight change, but I’m sorry to say I would not count fat reduction as playing a major part.

Secondly don’t get hung up on weight, muscle weighs more than fat, and everones internal structure is slightly different. What for someone else might be a healthy weight might be unhealthy for you. If your going for a defined body, just by starving yourself the only thing that will be left to see will be your bones.

Fat reduction is best handled on a longer scale, its also best done by understanding nutrition and then been able to cut unclean foods. The longer scale then allows for you body to adjust to the changes naturally, your eating practices to adjust (so what you eat won’t feel like a diet as normal) and allow you to still get the vital nutrients for a healthy body. There are a loads of other reasons I won’t go into such as a huge reduction in calorie intake switches your body into starvation mode, where it retains fat even at the expense of healthy tissues (these burn up energy where as fat dose not, so in a real survival situation are best ditched).

Cardio will help reduce the subcutaneous fat layer (below the skin) and that will then give visible results, rather than the visceral fat (surrounding internal organs) which is predominantly lost if you just undergo a restrictive diet. Creating the calorific deficit with exercise also helps maintain the abundant energy levels, so you will still feel good.

From you picture to me you don’t look like you need to lose ANY weight and certainly not 50lbs. However I know goals are often a personal matter, but I would advise talking to a health care advisor about such a dramatic change (1/3 of your body weight!) – if you pay your health insurance use it. 100cal a day gives a maintainable weight loss of about 10lb a year. But remember life is for living, you don’t want to realise in a few decades time you wasted what should be one of the best times of your life worrying about a weight problem you don’t have

Hope this helps. ED!
JessicaR
JessicaR
United States
2003/06/12, 11:07 AM
"you don?t want to realise in a few decades time you wasted what should be one of the best times of your life worrying about a weight problem you don?t have"

AMEN to that.

ED!, your posts have been making me smile because my 5yo always signs her paintings "MIA!". LOL
erirvine
erirvine
United Kingdom
2003/06/13, 08:02 AM
Thats pretty cool, I always wrote my name as "ED!" don't know why though?!? I thought it was funny that Yahoo adds an exclamation mark after my name when I sign in automatically.
ED!
JessicaR
JessicaR
United States
2003/06/13, 11:28 AM
I like it when Mia signs her name that way; seems very assertive and confident - MIA! Or maybe I'm just thinking too much. LOL
sxygrl
sxygrl
Canada
2004/06/12, 11:53 PM
Hi
I am very new to this, However I have been trying to lose weight and that has been going good, no special diet or anything like that , Just stopped eating alot of sugar and cut down the amount of eating that i do,
My goal is to get a flat tummy and fat off the hips. I am having a hard time doing this though. I do want ot get some insight of good excerises that work. lol, i read about alot of this stuff and to me it does not work,
Personal stats are
female
5 10
bust- 36 c
waste- 30
hips- 33
not comfortable with it...:(
Thanking all in advance

Please Help
bigandrew
bigandrew
United States
2004/06/13, 09:24 AM
sxy you don't seem very fat to me at all, your tall so you can carry some weight( your only 2 1/2 in shoter than me lol). I personally don't like thin as a rail girls. Your waist to hip ratio isn't that bad either.
I'd you'd liek to tone up a lil bit, watch what you eat do some cardio: run walk, jog......and do some light weight training a few times a week.

--------------
.......adversity causes some to break, but others to break records!
......minds are not vessles to be filled, but fires to be enlightened
......Confucious once said ,DO NOT play leap frog with a unicorn

BVBALL15
BVBALL15
United States
2004/07/24, 03:01 PM
Hi. I am trying to loose weight in my legs i have very muscular legs and i am an athlete but, my legs are big and im trying to loose the extra fat on them. Running just does'nt seem to help...Anyone have advice??????:dumbbell:

BVBALL15:love:
neiltilley
neiltilley
United Kingdom
2004/07/27, 05:25 AM
looking at your picture if you've lost nine pounds then you ought to have your head examined.. Don't go mad losing anymore.. A girl is suppossed to have a figure and carry a healthy amount of fat by nature... Make sure your aims and goals are realistic and measured and that counts too for how you feel about yourself- ie are you being real about your body image for instance?

Post your measurements, new picture and all that for the boys here! They'll tell you what's fat and what's hot!
BeccaBoo3
BeccaBoo3
United States
2005/05/11, 05:59 PM
Don't endanger your health with unrealistic goals. your great the way you are
milliepops
milliepops
United Kingdom
2005/08/10, 05:55 AM
hi i need to tone up before i go on holiday in september and im running out of time what should i do?
adrianne3000
adrianne3000
United States
2008/01/21, 12:53 AM
what did you do? i'm seriousl in need of weight loss!
jadeypie
jadeypie
United Kingdom
2008/03/23, 09:54 AM
Message deleted by moderator due to unsuitable content for this board.