Group: I am overweight or obese

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 381, Messages: 6449

Being overweight is a common trait these days and there is not enough help out there. Find out how you can shed those pounds and improve yourself from within.

Join group

40 lbs

mikepope
mikepope
United States
2009/05/30, 10:40 PM
Hello! I am 31 with a pretty active life and metabolism . My problem is that when I lose focus I gain the weight back. I am 328 lbs right now and thats with a 11 lb weight loss in recent weeks. how can I utilize my home gym and cardio to get to 299 lbs? I have dumbells, barbells resistence gimmick(?) and I run at the local park and play work-out style footbal (sprints, suicides running plays) with my son...

--------------
The Mike Pope Show!!
returnofplex
returnofplex
United States
2009/06/01, 12:08 PM
When you lose focus, it's usually the diet that suffers the most. I make it a point to do one of two things: I have a couple of cheat meals per week, or one cheat day. I don't go bananas, but I reward myself for my dedication. Diet is the bottom line in weight loss, so make sure you're eating to lose weight(i.e. caloric deficit at the end of the day). I'd suggest eating right around 2500 calories a day right now and see where that gets you.
There are all kinds of programs on here for limited equipment/home equipment. I'd say strength train 2-3 days a week, and cardio 2-3 days a week.