Group: General Diet & Nutrition

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 399, Messages: 16719

With such a topic so broad we truly try to cover the basics from all angles in this group. Nothing too big or too small. Nutrition is as significant if not more as exercise is to reaching your goals so learn all you can.

Join group

4-day diet

marblez
marblez
Canada
2007/05/16, 12:38 AM
Hello everyone
I am a 22yr old female, 5'5, 116lbs and 15% body fat (just recently got professionally tested) with a naturally fast metabolism. I'm looking to gain muscle and strength. Can you please provide some recommendations re: Diet. I have kept strict track of what I've eaten in the past 4 days:. The 4th day happens to fall on my junk food day, where I eat whatever I want for dinner. That's once a week.

Date May 13 2007
Feeling: Lazy, tired from night shift, napped, didn?t do much at all
Exercise: None

BREAKFAST
¾ Cup Soy Milk
Bowl lentils w/onion & red pepper
1 bottle water -
Vegetable vitamin pill -

SNACK
Bowl lentils w/onion & red pepper
LUNCH
Sandwich: 2 Sourdough slice, low fat cheese, BBQ, rotisserie chicken

SNACK
1 box edamame soybean
Spinach dip w bread
Wheat macaroni w skim cheese and fat-free cream cheese
DINNER
1.5 cup Turkey Chili ? Lean ground turkey, carrot, celery, pepper, onion
1 bottle water -

Dessert ? Rice pudding
TOTAL 2300

Date May 14 2007
Feeling: Queasy in the morning, threw up 4-5 times around 0900. Can?t eat much. Fatigued at 1400 still, feel better at 1600hrs
Exercise: Moderate
weights, POPAT at 2000hrs

BREAKFAST
1 bottle water -
1 strawberry,
1 cup sugar snap peas,
1 cup yogurt
Vegetable vitamin pill -

LUNCH
1.5 cup bean sprout, ½ cup tofu, half red bell pepper, ¼ cup red onion, garlic clove, low sodium soy sauce, chili sauce, pepper
Bottle water -

SNACK 1 slice sourdough bread toasted, dry
1.5 cup reduced fat soymilk and 1.5 scoops protein powder
DINNER
1 lamb chop w/olive oil, lemon juice & greek spices
1 sesame bagel w/plain cream cheese
**Police fitness test**
1 gatorade

Night snack
1 mini pizza w marinara, low fat cheese, lots water
TOTAL 1875-2000

Date May 15, 2007
Feeling: Pretty good in the morning for being 0530!!, the daylight helps
Exercise: None, sore leg

BREAKFAST
1 bottle water -
1 coffee w/cream and sweetener
1 whole wheat bagel w/fat free cream cheese
1 yogurt
¾ cup brown rice

SNACK
1 banana
1 cup strawberries

LUNCH
1 advantage bowl Chicken alfredo
1 yogurt

SNACK 1.5 cup milk w/1 scoop protein
1 cup sugar snap peas

DINNER
1.5 cup whole grain rice with tofu, soy, bean sprouts, onion
TOTAL 2150

Date May 16, 2007
Feeling: Not sure yet
Exercise: 20 min run @ 80% heat rate
Today: Today's diet is identical to yesterday (packed for lunch) except it is my junk food day

BREAKFAST
1 bottle water -
1 coffee w/cream and sweetener
1 whole wheat bagel w/fat free cream cheese
1 yogurt
¾ cup brown rice

SNACK
1 banana
1 cup strawberries

LUNCH
1 advantage bowl Chicken alfredo
1 yogurt

SNACK 1.5 cup milk w/1 scoop protein
1 cup sugar snap peas

DINNER
Probably 6-8 hot wings, 3-4 rum n cokes
marblez
marblez
Canada
2007/05/16, 12:43 AM
I forgot to mention my physical activities, I run 3-4x per week (20 min run @ 80% heart rate, increasing time each week as per a training program), lift weights 2-3x per week (free weights and kettlebells), and the police fitness test I take is about 10-15 minutes total of 90-95% heart rate max (killer) plus carrying a torso 25 metres that weights the same as me...
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2007/05/16, 09:26 AM
hi! Congrats on the 15% bodyfat - very nice place to be for a woman.

I think you need to get more quality protein in your diet.Try adding some grilled chicken breast to your snacks and any meal that doesn't have at least 25g protein in it.

You get plenty of carbs, so I think increasing your protein will help you gain mass, you could also add in some good fat in the form of almonds, walnuts or natural peanut butter, a small handful of nuts 2-3 times a day - maybe at snack times.

Gaining strength - that will depend on your training routine and alos on your available energy. Be sure that after runs and after lifting you are replenishing with protein and some carbs (gatorade fits the bill for the carb replenishment).

If you are training to caryy heavy things you want to gear your weight lifting towards that - use big lifts that involve your whole body and work in the 6 -10 rep range, IMO.

Why were you throwing up that one morning?

--------------

Permanence, perseverance and persistence in spite of all obstacles, discouragements, and impossibilities: It is this, that in all things distinguishes the strong soul from the weak.
Thomas Carlyle

marblez
marblez
Canada
2007/05/16, 10:27 AM
Thanks for your response. Currently, my reps are usually 2 sets of 12 each. What about rotissere chicken? I prefer to buy a whole chicken and just cut it myself to save money. Or is that too fatty?

I dont know why I got sick, I hadn't been sick in over a year, I figured it must have been something I ate because I instantly felt better after.
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2007/05/17, 08:55 AM
Try 3 sets, 6-10 reps, the first set 10, then incraese the weight and do less reps for each following set, occasionally taking the last set to failure.

Rotisserie chicken is fine, just remove the skin and any excess fat.

I buy chicken breasts whenever they are on special and freeze them if I don't cook them right away. Canned tuna is also cheap, as are some kinds of frozen fish (pollock is always on sale here).

Yeah, sounds like a little food bug or something, i just wondered if it reoccurred (like if you had underlying health issue or not). Good to know it isn't constant (that sure would suck).

--------------

Permanence, perseverance and persistence in spite of all obstacles, discouragements, and impossibilities: It is this, that in all things distinguishes the strong soul from the weak.
Thomas Carlyle