Group: Women's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 525, Messages: 10844

A place for women to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

20 lbs....

amyj88
amyj88
United States
2006/06/10, 07:19 PM
i want to lose 20 lbs. realistically how long do you think this will take working out 5 times a week and eating fairly healthy.
arondaballer
arondaballer
United States
2006/06/10, 10:39 PM
Ex Lax.

--------------
I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle-victorious.
--Vince Lombardi
"Decide what you want, decide what you are willing to exchange for it. Establish your priorities and go to work." H. L. Hunt

mikencharleston
mikencharleston
United States
2006/06/10, 10:42 PM
That's really constructive aaron. amy - try and shoot for 2 to 2 1/2 lbs a week at most.
mysticgraces
mysticgraces
Canada
2006/06/11, 07:44 AM
Nice post Aron

Amy-As Mike said,take your time..you didnt gain the weight overnight so dont expect to loose it as fast...be patient and it will come off
Mojo_67
Mojo_67
United States
2006/06/12, 06:06 PM
Smooth move Aaron.....

Amy, realistically speaking, if all you need to lose is 20 pounds, you get your diet in line and add a decent workout routine...I would feel safe saying 3 months. I feel more comfortable with the 1-2 pound a week margin. Although depending on different variables, one could lose between 2-3 pounds a week safely if for instance BF% was high enough. Not only will it be healthy as you mentioned a priority in your profile but at the rate of 1-2 pounds a week you'll learn and get used to better eating habits that will make it easier for you to maintain your weight loss once you reach your goal, another thing you hoped for in your profile. Bottom line is.....take your time and do it right...what else are you going to be doing with your time? Might as well spend it wisely. All the answers to your questions are literally in the archives of these message boards. All you have to do is go find them. But always feel free to ask. Besides doing searches, a good place to start would be the specific diet and nutrition forum. Read "grocery list for healthy eating", "max dietary deficit for fat loss" and maybe the "diet thread" there. Just keep one thing in mind, weight loss all comes down to a calorie deficit. Good luck and welcome to FT!

--------------
Days go by and life drags on.....