Group: I am overweight or obese

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 381, Messages: 6449

Being overweight is a common trait these days and there is not enough help out there. Find out how you can shed those pounds and improve yourself from within.

Join group

16 lbs down

twistedlens
twistedlens
United States
2008/04/15, 01:58 PM
Starting out at 296 I am determined to lose that weight. Set with a goal of 20 lbs at first I started off. After working out, eating right and working on a positive mindset I am close to that 20lbs. 12 weeks ago I started now I am down to 280. Yes this is a lot of weight still but you begin somewhere. It has been slow and at times trying. Between sickness of myself and my daughter it was hard at times to keep motivated. Each time I fell off I started over again.

The weight did start to come off. Slowly it seemed.

After weeks of staying at 284 I was getting frustrated. Then it happen as if overnight. I stepped on the scale after four days of routine 280 is displayed on the scale!!

Everything that many of us post is true. Persistence will pay off. One week you may lose 1lb the next four or maybe none. Keep at it and the goals will be reached.

One day I will post the I am at 220 (what myself and my doctor think is a good overall goal right now.) I know this will not be in three months or probably even 6. But it will happen as long as I am determined.

What am I looking to accomplish now? Well for starters I need to reach those last 4 lbs of my first goal. I hope that before the end of June I will be in the 260's. When I reached the goal of 20lbs I go for the next 20 lbs. Realistic goals to keep my going.

Good luck to all those who are trying, struggling, frustrated. Your Persistence will pay off. Tightening the belt to the first hole is much more satisfying than that chocolate cake. Needing the belt you used two years ago even more so.
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2008/04/15, 02:02 PM
Nice post and congratulations on the weight loss!!!

It is true that persistence pays off and when you get the most frustrated and want to give up is usually the time you are on the verge of a big change - so kick it up a notch instead of giving up!! It all pays off healthwise, even when the scale isn't budging!

--------------
Argue for your limitations, and sure enough, they\'re yours.
Richard Bach

twistedlens
twistedlens
United States
2008/04/15, 02:19 PM
Thanks. I really have learned a lot here. There is a lot of us that read the posts and never really comment but let it be known that this sight really is motivational. And the best part is that is only the FREE section!! Kudos to the moderators and site owner.
Alygrace
Alygrace
Canada
2008/04/15, 11:32 PM
Great job on the weight loss. I am just starting out in my weight loss battle. I am 220 and would like to get under 200 as my first goal, and then eventually to 150. I know that this will take a long time, but I am excited about the possibilities of getting my life back together. I have been so tired lately, and don't feel very good about myself most days. I joined a gym on March 31st and so far I am enjoying my membership. I am looking for someone to support me as I try to reach my goals. I feel very inspired by the different posts that I have read so far.
twistedlens
twistedlens
United States
2008/04/16, 08:27 AM
Alygrace just keep at. There is a lot of information here and really great advice. Just remember that it is a life style change but one that is worth it. :dumbbell: Good Luck
netagreen89
netagreen89
United States
2008/05/20, 04:14 PM
Hello Everyone,

I love hearing that some people are sticking with their workouts. For a beginner, it is nice to hear that it is hard, but it will actually pay of to stick with it. Congradulations on the weight losses and good luck with the weight loss to come!!

Neta:dumbbell: